Chapter 5: Consort

Fluke's throat was dry and stomach aching from the lack of nutritions. Ten days he hadn't eaten and only a small cup of water was placed in the corner of the shabby hut he was living in. He was laying on the wooden floor that was half destroyed and weeds growing in between. He looked around and felt a painful throb coming from the lower part of his stomach. As his eyes traveled down, his heart stopped when blood dried up between his legs.

He began to panic and tried to remember when footsteps neared his cabin. The door opened abruptly and there he saw his step sisters, Estelle and Erika. "Look at him sister, crawling like an animal ready to be slaughtered," the youngest Erika said while giggling. Estelle walked closer and took Fluke's chin between her fingers, digging her long sharp nails in his skin, "Don't you dare tell father about this or I'll do worse," she threatened and Fluke finally remembered what his step sisters did to him.

They had put poison in the little food they brought in for him and Fluke was so hungry that he never expected to start bleeding between his legs. His sisters were terrified as well as Fluke started screaming from pain and crying out for help. The two left him alone until he fainted. "Sister, father had already promised him to the emperor," Erika said and Estelle glared down at Fluke, "He won't dare say anything," she said.

-THRONE ROOM-

Ohm's anger emitted out of his body when he stared down from his throne at the raven black haired lady bowing deep for him

Ohm's anger emitted out of his body when he stared down from his throne at the raven black haired lady bowing deep for him. Her attendants and officials accompanied her in the throne room and they too bowed low, "What is the meaning of this, Lady Saya?" He asked with an obvious anger in his voice. The lady kept her head low, "I'm not here for the empress' seat, your highness." She replied politely and Ohm fist his hands, "For what then?" Lady Saya slowly lifted her head up to look into the pair of golden glaring eyes, "To be the carrier of the imperial heir," she said and the room suddenly felt cold and dark.

Everyone quivered in fear except for the Lady who was already used to the power of the emperor, "What did you say?" Ohm asked through gritted teeth. The Lady took a deep breath without breaking eye contact. "The nobles started talking about the lack of news on the imperial heir. Three months had already passed and yet his grace hadn't been reported as being pregnant," Ohm slammed his fist hard, "Who allowed you to talk about his grace like that!?" Lady Saya didn't waver at his threatening aura, "Hasn't his highness also asked himself, why?"

Ohm frowned, "Duke Siripongthon had let my father know that his grace isn't capable of bearing a child due to..." She glanced to the side as if she didn't even care about it, "Past circumstances," she added. Ohm knew what she was talking about because he also heard from Prem what Fluke went through in the duchy. Ohm let out a heavy breath and tried to keep himself calm, "And what about it?" He said and finally a faint expression of confusion on the lady's face was shown, "It would be impossible to give birth with his body," she tried and Ohm looked at her with glaring eyes.

"Even if his grace would happen to carry the imperial heir, his body will weaken and eventually end up in a disaster," Ohm ended up speechless as that had been one of his worries since he found out what the Duke did to Fluke in the past. Even Prem had warned him about the future of his legacy. Ohm was about to open his mouth when doors opened and every head turned to the silver haired boy walking gracefully inside. A long purple veil that was attached to his vest floated beautifully behind him. His legs were covered in lace stockings, decorated with a flower pattern and pearls.