22. The Marine Park Job

Sonic's P.O.V.

Play Pooka by Kevin MacLeod

We were eating dinner as we explained what happened at Dr. Denman's Lab. "Whoa I'm so sorry that happened! She is lucky she agreed to let you all go with that most brilliant compromise. Otherwise we'd call the authorities"! Pretzel Mom said seriously once we finished recapping everything. "Wait so Mermaids are real too"?! Annette asked in bewilderment. "Oh oops you weren't supposed to hear that. Though then again, we will be revealing that to the public tomorrow so yes.

Play Somewhere sunny version 2 by Kevin MacLeod

Excuse me for a sec I have to make a phone call"! I said as a brilliant idea came to me. Once I was in the next room, I took out my phone and decided to call Cleo. "Hey Sonic, how are you calling me? I thought you were trapped in Dr. Denman's lab". Cleo asked me the moment she answered the phone. "Great news we're back and we came to a compromise. We'll get jobs at the marine park as entertainment, on the same lines as the dolphin shows. *gasp* do you think we could preform with them"?! I replied as the exciting idea popped into my head. "I believe so. Is there any other reason you decided to call me because I can tell there's more"? Cleo asked seriously. "Well I was thinking that this is a big opportunity for not only the four of us but you and your friends too". I explained carefully. "Oh my gosh you're brilliant Sonic! I'll tell the other girls about this. Oh and when does the process start"? Cleo said happily. "It starts tomorrow so, meet us at the marine park". I replied reassuringly. "Alright we'll be there, see you then". Cleo said casually before hanging up. This made me relieved I was worried she'd say no and call me insane.

Then I went back to the dining room. "Hey Sonic who were you calling anyway"? Shadow asked me curiously. "I was calling Cleo and told what's going on. You see I thought they could join us at the Marine Park job opportunity. Cleo agreed and is going to tell the others". I replied confidently as I sat down. "Ooh good thinking Sonic, hitting two birds with one stone"! Marina said happily and kissed me on the cheek. "Well we'll be coming with you just to make sure no back stabbing happens". Pretzel Mom added seriously. "Thanks Pretzel Mom and Donut Dad, we could use you being there". I said as I zipped over to them and hugging them tightly. "No problem guys we're not risking the possibility of you being captured again. Well you better get some sleep, it's going to be a busy day tomorrow". Pretzel Mom said as she rubbed my ears. "Okay night guys". I said while yawning. Then we left for bed.

Play Ghost Processional by Kevin MacLeod

Marina's P.O.V.

Later that night, I had a horrible nightmare! In it, we had just finished a show at the Marine Park. Tom and Maddie came over to congratulate us. Annika was in Maddie's arms giggling and clapping for us. We had just climbed out of the water and dried off, when suddenly a large flying machine flew towards us and then hovered in front of the bleachers. The cockpit opened to reveal Dr. Robotnik! "Haha you thought I was done with you? Think again"! Dr. Robotnik said deviously. Then Annika began to cry, which caught his attention. "Ooh who do we have here? Oh and is that ANOTHER hedgehog"? Dr. Robotnik asked curiously with a fake innocent smile. "This is Annika our baby sister, and I'm Silver". Silver replied seriously. "Baby sister? So you're a Wachowski too?! Also are you and that human still an item"? Dr. Robotnik said as he pointed at me with look of disgust on his face. "Of course we are and nothing we'll keep us apart"! I screamed and then kissed Sonic to prove our point even more. "Okay that's it"! Dr. Robotnik screamed and knocked me into the pool hard enough that I went out cold. "No Marina"! Sonic screamed after me before diving in. When Sonic was doing that Dr. Robotnik used his machine to grab Annika! That's when Sonic and I resurfaced. I was still unconscious and Sonic held me in his arms. "Come on Marina wake up. Please, I need you". Sonic said shakily as he tried to wake me up. Finally I woke up. "Ugh my head! Oh thank you Sonic"! I said and kissed his cheek. "Hehe no problem pretty princess. Come on now that you have powers, we can defeat Eggman together"! Sonic said as we ended the embrace and started swimming to the others. "Huh?! Hey let her go she is just a baby you monster"! Sonic screamed as soon as we saw Annika in Dr. Robotnik's captivity! "Whoa what is this you blue freak"?! Dr. Robotnik asked as he went bug eyed as he saw our tails. "Long story but that's not important". I replied confidently. Then I used my new power to form a ball of water. I nodded knowingly to Shadow who nodded in return and froze it. Then I flung it at the mechanical arm that held Annika. Then Silver used his psychokinesis to get her out of it's grip. Suddenly I felt something go into my arm! It was tranquilizer dart!