Poisoned Love

You hate working for Maven, and he makes it hard to forget. Your brother is a part of the Scarlet Guard so naturally you followed him. They assigned you here. A red servant in the halls of the kings castle. You've been planning an assassination attempt on Maven for some time now, and you feel that today would be the perfect opportunity. Poison. It will be a discreet and slow death for the twisted king. Your in the kitchen fixing his dinner and you glance around. All of the silver workers are distracted so you take the opportunity to slip poison into Mavens wine. "HEY RED RAT," a tall lean man screams, "GET IT OUT TO THE KING HES WAITING."
All you can do is nod and take the plate out to Maven. You place it down in front of him and he stares at it. Almost inspecting it. You turn around to leave hiding a sly grin when all of a sudden Maven speaks.
"Stop and turn to me." Maven sighs his voice bored yet demanding.
You don't dare disobey for you know he can have your head. You slowly turn to look at him.
"Come," he gestures to his lap, "Sit."
Your breath hitches as you slowly walk and sit on his lap. He slowly puts one hand on your upper thigh, and wraps the long fingers of his other hand around your neck.
His lips brush against your ear as he says, "go on have a sip of wine."
You gulp slowing taking the wine glass. You think there might be time to find an antidote as you take a gulp of the wine. Maven watches you the entire time, his eyes lingering not daring to move from your face. When you put the wine glass down he moves his hand from your thigh to your chin, making you look at him. He brushes your bottom lip before slowly kissing you.
When he pulls away his voice is dark, "The next time," he says as his eyes darken, "you'll be begging for me to just poison you."
You're eyes widen as you suddenly jump from his lap, breaking his grasp. He chuckles darkly at the sight.
"The antidote is in the kitchen," he says while a grin is plastered on his face.
He waves as if to dismiss you and you run to the kitchen.