Chapter Eleven - Trust

Elias's pov

Elias's pov

"Hey, El?" "Yeah?" I asked looking up towards my brother. "Can you call my phone? Jay put it somewhere and now I can't find it." "Jay was here already?" I asked hurt that he wouldn't come say hi to me especially since my birthday was the whole point he was coming over. "No, he hid it yesterday and I just now saw his note now just help me find it. Please? I'll order Domino's later" Dan said switching from annoyed to sweet at the end and I took the deal because pizza.

I set my book to the side and grabbed my phone and called his. It wasn't long before we heard his ringtone coming from the kitchen. We go in there as we realize it's up on the cabinet. I couldn't help but laugh a bit as Dan, who was only 5'7 (take that with a grain of salt. Heights are ever fluctuating with me), tried and failed to grab his phone.

"Need this?" I asked the greenette being nice enough to grab his phone for him. "Why you gotta be so fudging tall?" Dan said clearly annoyed. "Oh, okay. Guess you don't want your phone then" "Hey! Give me my phone!" Dan yelled trying to reach it but I was able to keep it out of his reach. "Bow down to your king, peasant! Then I may consider!" "Excuse me, I'm still older then you by six fudging years!"

"Alright then." His eyes widened as he realized what I was about to do. "Elias, wait! Let's talk about this!" he said nervously but I had already made up my mind. I put his phone in my back pocket and started chasing his dumb ass around the house as he screamed. 'And he calls me overdramatic.' I quickly caught up to him and pinned him down. "Elias! You motherfudger! Get off of me!" I laughed at his reaction.

It felt so nice chasing him around like that mostly because we're brothers and that's just what we do but a small part of me enjoys it because it makes me feel like I have a bit of control over people, something I tend to lack with my parents. Well, at least right now.

I mean, I am 18, almost 19 now, and I've already been having outbursts and attacking them for two or three years now. Not to mention, Jay's the one teaching me self defense. Maybe I could try to stop the abuse purposefully this time? Wait. No. I shouldn't. But soon maybe?

"Looks like I rule this house now!" "You still live under my roof you know." Fear flooded over me when I heard my mother's voice. Daniel was perfect to them in every way and they didn't want someone like me hanging around him, much less on top of him like I was. "Excuse me, this is a sibling conversation here" Dan said.

It annoyed me so much that he could say stuff like that and be fine but if I dared speak to them like that... well it wasn't pretty. Luckily for me, I've learned over the years how to mask my fear and everything though I did purposefully leave hints hoping someone might notice and help me.

"Well I don't like you two running around the house like that. Anyways, Dan? Your father's going to take you to work today since we haven't found your car yet. Ajay's still picking you up today, right?" Ajay had to leave for something work related and he wouldn't be back for a couple weeks so he and Dan were gonna spend the whole day together since they won't be able to see each other for a while. Of course, my parents didn't hesitate letting Dan go out seeing as it would give them more time to play with there little toy. "Yeah, and I'll just walk home. Still can't believe my car got stolen right in front of me. I swear the people around here are getting bolder every day. Bye, Mom. Love you" he said hugging her.