Peace before storms

After the party, everyone went to rest after a busy day. 

After a bath, Suryeon hears a knock on her door. 

"Come in." 

Seokkyung peeks her head through the door. 

"Omma?" 

Suryeon smiled and open her arms to accept Seokkyung. 

Seokkyung walks over and sits on the bed with her mother, leaning on her. 

"Omma do you like everything that I have prepared?" 

She looks up to Suryeon, smiling. 

"Yes of course! I love everything! You're my daughter, and everything you prepared for me is perfect." Suryeon brushes Seokkyung's hair and hugs her tight. 

"Omma," Seokkyung snuggles closer to Suryeon. "I know I haven't been the greatest daughter.  I've been rebellious, always making you angry and making dumb decisions. I am so sorry for blaming you that you were not my mother. You're not just anybody that brought me up, you are my birth and adopted mother. The most important person to me." 

Suryeon looked at Seokkyung. Some tears fell down her cheeks. "Oh, dear Seokkyung." She hugs Seokkyung tighter. "You shouldn't blame yourself for anything." She sighed. "You shouldn't have to go through any pain, and you have nothing that you have done wrong. You are my daughter, and no matter what, I will keep you by my side." 

Seokkyung smiles. 

After all that had happened, she only seeks comfort from her mother. She didn't need all riches, fame or boyfriend. She only wanted her mother, as her best company. 

"Thank you so much Omma, for everything. I know you had done a lot to take that evil father of us down. If he is ever going to come back and haunt us again, if that ever happens, I promise you, I and my brother will stay by you and will protect you at all cost." Seokkyung looked stronger than ever in her eyes. "So you no longer have to deal with everything by yourself," Seokkyung hugs Suryeon. 

"We will stand next to you." 

Suryeon smiled at her dear daughter. 

She couldn't imagine how much Seokkyung and Seokhoon had gone through throughout the years that she was away. How much torture they had to go through. 

"My dear darling, you are the most precious one. You don't need to care about all of these. They only had added up to form painful experiences for you. I only want you to be happy, stay strong, beautiful, independent and chase your dreams. You no longer live under your father's actions. He has paid for what he has done and you don't have to be burdened by any of it." Suryeon tells Seokkyung, with confirmation that she will be blessed from now on. 

Seokkyung nods. 

"I miss you, Omma." 

They held their hands tight and hug each other close together, knowing that no matter what would happen in the future, they have each other to hold and they have each other's back. 

If bad things are fated to come, there is no way to reject them. The only way is to find those that could hold on to you and support you along the way. 

Seokhoon stood by the Suryeon's door and listened to the mother-daughter conversation through the gap of the door. 

He leaned on the wall, listening. Smiling along the way. 

He was happy that his mother is back safely. He no longer had to carry a grave burden that he had been one of the reasons that caused the death of their mother. He was happy because Seokkyung could finally find peace in their mother's arm. He could finally protect them, be their biggest shield against trials and tribulations.