Chapter 7

SELENA'S POV

I had another restless morning. It was Sunday and they don't have any scheduled photo shoots. Demi was seated in the living room while reading a book, a cup of tea on the side table.

"Good morning, Demi." I sighed, rubbing my face with my palm.

Demi peeked through her book and grinned. "Good morning to you, Selena. You went home last night. Where were you?"

I flushed. "I had dinner with someone."

She smirked. "And does this certain someone have a name? Like, say...Harry Styles?"

I flushed some more. "Yes, but it was just a business dinner. You know, for taking his photos."

Demi giggled. "No one treats someone to dinner just for taking a few shots of them."

I played with my fingers, switching from foot to foot. "Well, apparently Harry does." Why was I embarrassed? And of all people, to Demi? I should stop my friend for asking any more questions.

Keep her nose out of your business Selena.

Demi cocked her head to the side. "Did something happen last night?"

I gaped at her friend's absurd question. "No! I would never do that. I don't sleep with someone after the first date - which isn't a date - it's just a dinner." I added when Demi's mouth opened once I said the word date.

She raised her perfectly shaped brow. "I wasn't talking about sleeping with anyone, Miss Defensive." She grinned. "But, as I remember, you did that before. And I believe it was with the same guy you had a 'date' with last night."

I was now the same color as a fire truck. "Demetria Devonne Lovato, stop it right now! Again, it wasn't a date. Nothing happened. We just ate and well danced a little -" I tried to control my thoughts of those sweet minutes in his arms. "- It was in the past anyway. And put your nose out of my business." I sounded exasperated.

Demi playfully rolled her eyes. "Okay, okay. Whatever you say, a Selena. Just stop blushing like that and maybe I'll believe you."

I scooted to the kitchen and made myself tea. I can't stop blushing. Damn Demi and her mouth. I placed some slice of bread in the toaster when I heard someone knock on their door.

"I'll get it." Demi yelled.

I was now putting the tea bag in my cup when I heard voices in the living room.

"Selena! You have a visitor."

I darted towards the living room and stopped in my tracks when I saw Harry standing in the middle of the room. He was carrying a big red sack on his shoulder. "Merry Christmas, Selena." He smirked.

I frowned. "It's not Christmas yet."

"I know." Harry smiled sheepishly. "But, since you've forgotten the past, I want to make it up for you. You know - for all the time that was lost."

I was still silent, not moving at all. I thought he would finally stop bugging me, again, I was wrong. But then, why can't I send him away?

Demi rolled her eyes and broke the awkward silence. "Are those presents?"

Harry nodded, never breaking his eye contact with me. "Presents for Selena."

Demi clapped her hands in delight and sat on the sofa she vacated. "Well? Selena? Your presents?"

I glanced at my friend who gave me a look to go near Harry. I sighed and sat in front of him, which was beside Demi. Harry kneeled on the floor and opened the sack. He took one gift out first. "For your first Christmas."

Demi counted along as he pulled out more presents from the sack. The room started to fill with different presents in all sizes and each has a unique wrapper. I was still sitting quietly beside Demi, never breaking my gaze at Harry. I don't know what to say. All I ever felt were the butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"Twenty - twenty one - twenty two -" Demi stopped, noticing that the sack was empty. "It still lacks one more. Where is gift number twenty three?"

Harry grinned and pointed at himself. "I was hoping I could be gift twenty three."

Demi and I giggled. Demi nudged me with her arm. "What a sweet guy, right?"

I just playfully rolled my eyes and peered at Harry. "Thanks for all the gifts." A blush started to form on my cheeks. "I especially liked the last one."

He smiled and showing a hint of pink in his pale cheeks.

Oh my, an embarrassed Harry Styles. I thought.

"I liked the last one too." He whispered.

Demi and I were looking at the photos they have taken in the computer when they heard the small bell of their door ring.

The both checked who it was.

"Ladies, your lunch." Harry announced. He was carrying two bags of Chinese food.

Demi clapped her hands in delight. "I could get used to this!"

I glared slightly at my friend and glanced at Harry. I smiled at him and helped him unload the food on the table. "Thanks Harry."

He smirked. "Don't mention it." He suddenly frowned. "Did you grow taller?"

I knotted my brows. "No, why?"

He placed his hand above my head. "Because before you were just up to my shoulders, then now you're up here in my mind." He pointed to his head.

I giggled and blushed. I missed this playful Harry and all the cheesy lines he does.

The next day, I was taking photos of a group of teenage girls. I heard the small bell ring again and smiled because I knew who it was.

"Good morning." Harry greeted them. "Ladies, your coffee." He gave Miley's and Demi's coffee. "And for my Selena, coffee and breakfast." He placed a paper bag on the small table in the studio.

Miley and Demi were giggling and batting their lashes at this handsome man in front of them. I mentally shook my head at the behavior of these girls.

Harry handed me my coffee. He frowned again. "Did you grow shorter?"

I shook my head. "No. Why?"

Harry pointed his head. "Because yesterday you're in my mind but now - " he placed his hand on his chest. " - now you're in my heart."

One was squealing, the other was giggling. "Aww, he's so sweet." I heard one girl say.

"She's such a lucky girl." Another one said.

"I wish I would meet someone like him someday." The other girl said in a sigh.

I bit my lip and took the coffee from his grasp. I don't know what to say.

Damn! Why am I always speechless around him?

"Oh, I almost forgot." He took a tulip from his back. "For you."

She smiled and took the tulip, receiving more giggles from the girls around them.

What did you like best about this chapter? Vote and Comment!