Chapter 8

SELENA'S POV

Demi was directing some models in the studio while I was looking at the frames they've taken. I heard the bell ring again.

I turned my head and saw Harry smiling at me.

He waved his hand "Hi".

I waved my hand. "Hi."

I bit my lip and turned my head away his direction. I needed to focus on my work.

When they were finished, the models were fawning over Harry. I can't help but feel a little jealous. Those are models, Selena! How could you beat them? They're all hot and beautiful, all Harry's type.

I can't compete with them. Just by what they were wearing, all legs, all heels and showing their perfect body in small portions of clothing. I looked at myself. I'm just wearing my plain white sleeveless shirt, a peach knitted cardigan and black skinny jeans. I wasn't wearing heels, just my boots. Nothing too revealing or too sexy for Harry and my hair was a mess. It was just in a messy pony tail.

I glanced at him and noticed that he wasn't paying any attention to them. He stood and darted my direction.

I stood still, not knowing what he was about to do. He placed his arm around my shoulders and to my surprise he pulled me closer and kissed my ear. "Let's go and have lunch?"

Too shocked to speak, I nodded, ignoring all the glared and whispers of the models.

Demi noticed what was going on and glared at all of the models. "Get over it bitches. He's taken. And if you don't want yourselves to look awful in the photos, stop glaring at our photographer."

I gave a look at her but she just shrugged back, looking as innocent as ever. Harry had a straight face but I could see a hint of smile on his lips. I was curious what he was thinking about.

Once they were out of the studio, I tried to free myself from his arm. "We're away from those girls now. We could stop pretending."

He frowned. "I wasn't pretending."

I pushed his arm away, freeing myself from his strong arms. I placed my hand on my hips. "You were just using me to stop those beautiful models from bugging you and besides, you're not taken - especially not by me." I looked down, suddenly feeling that cold harsh truth but then glanced back up at him. "But, it's not like I want to or I want to be in some kind of relationship - friend relationship - stop looking at me like that!" I yelled when Harry was grinning from ear to ear.

Merlin! I should learn to stop blabbering like that. You and your big mouth Selena. Great.

Harry held his hand up in defense. "Sorry okay?" Then he suddenly looked hurt. He placed his hands on my shoulders. "But seriously, that hurt, you know. You think so little of me. First, I didn't use you. Second, it's true I don't like them. I'm annoyed and they're not the type of girls that I like. Third, they aren't as beautiful as you... I'm telling the truth." He said when I raised my brow.

"And lastly, I may not be taken but my heart already is."

I waited for him to tell me that I was the one who possesses his heart but he didn't say anything else. He dropped his hands from my shoulders and took my hands. "Where do you want to eat?"

I checked my clock on the bedside table. It was quarter to eleven in the evening. It's been a month since Harry's sweet gestures towards me. I appreciate all the things he's done for me and now, deep inside, I was scared.

I was starting to feel the same thing I had before. I was falling in love with Harry and that thought scared me the most. The memory of their wedding started to haunt me. What if he would do the same thing again? I would be more broken than before. I closed my eyes briefly and opened them again.