Ch. 14

Once I left her office I headed back to my room. I wanted to let my friends know that I was okay I was just planning on going for a walk. I poked my head into the room finding Terra messing with one of her many plants.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know I'm fine I'm just going for a walk," I said to her.

"Do you want some company?" She asked me.

"No I think I want to clear my head if that's okay with you," I said carefully. She nodded giving me a smile before turning back to her plants. I turned around heading out of the room and the school. I wasn't really planning on a walk I wanted to see Farah. I hummed the lullaby as I walked through the woods only stopping once I reached the barn.

"Thank god," Farah said as her eyes found my smiling form.

"It went fine," I stated as she pulled me into a hug.

"Was anyone hurt?" She asked me as I hesitated before I met her gaze.

"I passed out," I said tentatively. "I combined my magic with Bloom's and over exerted myself."

"You did what?" Saul jumped into the conversation. "That is incredibly dangerous!"

"I didn't have a choice. It was that or let the Burned Ones hurt a lot of people," I said defensively.

"How are you feeling now?" Farah asked shooting Saul a look.

"Fine. My magic is very raw at the moment so if I use it my body hurts," I told her truthfully.

"Did Rosalind put the barrier back up?" Saul asked as I bit my lip.

"I did," I said as Farah stared at me.

"You just said magic causes you pain and yet you brought the barrier back up," she said as I nodded.

"Again not much of a choice. I'm the only one who has experience with barriers," I stated. Farah didn't say anything but I knew she agreed with me. "Now can we talk about anything else?"

"What would you like to talk about?" Farah asked me with a raised brow.

"Anything not to do with our messed up lives," I said my voice slightly whiny.

"Well, my favorite color is blue," Saul said as Farah laughed at his comment.

"Mine I think is pink," I stated looking at the specialist.

"I don't have a favorite," Farah said as both Saul and I stared at her.

"Okay then," I said leaning against the wall. "So what do you guys do when you aren't sat on the run from a maniac?" Farah scoffed at my question but answered anyway.

"Well I tend to read a lot. There is something with reading that lets me relax without hearing the thoughts around me," she said as I smirked in agreement. It was one of the few things I got to do which Andreas didn't prevent me from doing.

"I love a good book," I informed Farah as Saul rolled his eyes at us.

"Well, while you both are nose deep in a book I tend to enjoy nature," he said as I nodded.

"I enjoy the stone circle. There is something calming about sitting there," I stated simply. "I can think more clearly there."

"It's my favorite place too," Farah said as I pushed off the wall.

"As fun as this is I know I need to head back," I said softly. Farah frowned but didn't say anything to stop me.

"You are probably right. Luna will be returning to Alfea sometime soon. She will expect Saul to reach out to Sky," Farah said as I faced Saul.