Burning Embers

Hey!!!

This is my first book on wattpad so... Yer ;)

Plz comment and vote and any feedback is really appreciated!!!!

:) thnx <33333

********

Chapter One

I looked around me, trees decorated everything, accompanied by firms and dirt. Green mould was engraved onto the bark and the furns were a vibrant green.

I took another look around me, and shocked, I realise that I was locked in this forrest.

Everything was the same, no difference at all.

Behind me, it was the same.

In front it was the same.

Everywhere I looked, I couldn't pick any change, not even subtle; there was no way I could escape, not a single hope or path could lead me away and, unsurprisingly, a rush of fear overcame my senses as I gazed around.

There was no difference and no way out, no direction to lead me through the ferns and bark. No direction to lead me from the approaching night. No direction to lead me home. I already know there was no willing help here, that I was stuck here until dawn finally proceeded to welcome me in darkness and wind, while creatures ran around me, chatting and jeering at me as I stayed, lost and beyond help.

But in a way, I already know where I was, everything I saw was familiar, every mark tattooed on to the land around me I knew, every wisp of breath from the wind I've felt against my skin before and every creature, I knew I'd seen watching me.

And yet, I still do not take any hope in this, after all this is a dream, a nightmare. I know my mind well enough to know that my conscious will not release me from this world, so what hope do I have?

I ignored my recent conclusion and took a step forward, hoping that if I keep walking maybe I would reach somewhere, that maybe I would escape. Hopes are, after all, dreams and seeing as I'm in a dream, why not hope? That's the only thing I have that could help me now, me and my impossible dreams.

So I kept walking, stumbling through the underbrush, as the sun set around me, buried me in darkness, without a second glance at the fear that lingered in every place I looked and touched.

The sounds from the creatures were steadily getting louder as I continued my journey, frightened by the sounds I picked up my pace, ignoring the constant threat of tripping.

The noise was nearly touching me, the creatures' breathing gently grazed against my leg and I realise that if, more when, it catches me I will wake up; but I can't slow my pace, I knew, without a doubt, why I would wake up, and it made me fear these things even more.

I felt an arm leap around my ankle, yanking it back so I tripped, falling onto the ground, interrupting my desperate flee.

A scream ripped its way out of my throat as my body turned, my eyes landing on my attacker.

Black, dull, dead eyes bore into my mine and I desperately tried to get away from it; I half scuttled, half crawled away from it, desperately trying to not attract its attention. But I knew it was pointless, its eyes had not left my body yet, it would notice my attempted escape.

Another scream flooded from my mouth as another pair of arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me up so I was standing; I heard the creature growl and I pushed my body back into my saviour.

"It's nice to see you to," he breathed onto my neck and I shuddered, slowly turning my head to look at my unknown protector, or killer. I was still undecided.