Ch.9

The boy nods his head and so does his mom. I smile.

"How long without speaking again?" I write.

"A year, dear." She says and I nod.

"Can I get up now?" I write, and she shakes her head.

"No, you need rest. So you are on bed arrest all of today. And if you need anything, Mason and Rose will get it for you." She orders and gestures to them. I see. Mind reader and scary chick. Grreeeeaaattt. Everyone else leaves and we sit in silence. Rose whispers to Mason and he nods, chuckling.

"?????" I write.

"She was just talkin bout how if Sym, Sam, or Trin were here it wouldnt be so quiet." Mason explains.

"Oh. So thats who that guy is."

"Yup."

"So, whats his deal?" I write down and Rosie decides to pipe up.

"He's the Alpha's son. He's a total jock, and it doesnt hurt that he's not bad looking either" She says with a little wink and Mason elbows her. They both go ramrod straight for a minute then relax to their natural positions. Mason slouched over, his elbows on his knees, his hair blocking his eyes from my vision, Rose sitting up straight with a leg crosssed over the other and her arms crossed. I sit up and cross my legs so Im sitting criss cross apple sauce ((Yeah. I just said that))

I grab my board "So whats it like here? So I know what to expect."

"Well, its loud. Very loud. It always smells strange, we have more males than females but more children than males." Good, I love children. Males, pretty cool. Females... Not so much. Too much drama "We see mates finding eachother everyday, and basically everyones friendly, except for a few girls" See? Thats why I don't deal with girls my age "and some guys. The Alpha is pretty cool. Probably not as strict as he should be, but you only think that when you're not causing trouble yourself. Thats pretty much it." Mason explains, lifting his head up to meet my eyes. This place sounds like my kinda paradise.

"Sounds like paradise." I respond and Rose laughs. Its kinda like a bells sound. Its quite pretty and makes me self conscious of what I sound like. I suddenly didn't want my old voice to come back. I feel one of my oh-so-famous migrains coming on. I put my head between my knees and hold my temples. My head immediately feels slightly better but keeps throbbing in a slow pattern.

"Woah. Headache?" Mason asks and I nod. I hear the door open and shut a little too hard and cringe.

"Oops, sorry." I hear Sym say.

"Dove." Mason says softly and I look up, my head pounding harder as I do. I see him with two asprins and a glass of water. I take the asprin and Sym lays me down, tucking me in to the bed. I close my eyes and listen as they talk quietly.

"...Sure you don't mind Mase?" Sym mumbles.

"Hmm.. Theres a beautiful girl in his bed, I'm sure he doesn't mind." Responds that one girl, Trinidee, I think it was? Anyway, howd she even get in here without me hearing? Mason chuckles.

"Yeah. I don't mind, not for that reason, but yeah. I'm good. I'll just sleep in the chair in the corner." He says and my mind goes off into its own little train thought. My migrain starts to unknot itself and become very dull. I'm in a boys bed? Whos clothes am I wearing? Are these Masons as well? Cause these definately arent my skinny jeans and sweater. These are looser. Who dressed me? Who cares, This bed is comfy. I inhale a little. It smells like cologne and soap. Mmm... I bury my face in the pillow and inhale deeply. I hear a giggle and a deep laugh.

"Busted missy." Sym says, still giggling. I hide deeper in the pillow, my face probably turning bright red. I sit up and grab my board.

"What... It smells good okay?" I write bashfully and they laugh again.

"It doesnt smell that good." Sym laughs but sends me a look and a wink that says it does. I try not to laugh.

"Shut up" I write bashfully. They laugh yet again. I can feel my face getting hotter.

"Anyway, Do you need anything love?" Sym asks, adding on the cute little nickname, and I think. My stomach growls.

"Im kinda hungry. But Im good." I write. Sym nods and walks out.

"So, you wanna like, watch tv or something?" Rose asks and I shrug. She grabs a remote and turns on Black Butler. She turns it to the first episode on Netflix and hits play. Im immediately sucked in. Im so into the show I barely notice when Sym puts waffles, toast, eggs and sausage on my lap. I look away from Ciel almost hitting Elizebeth for dropping his ring but Sebastian stopping him to look at the food. I immediately feel guilty.

"You really didnt have to do that." I write down and she shakes her head.

"Its no problem love, your my guest and besides, I like to cook."

"And eat." Mason adds and she nods while giggling.

"Yes, that too." She states and I look at her. Shes so skinny though.

"Well thats not fair." I write with a frownie face. She laughs.

"Oh just eat your breakfast already." She commands lightly and I dig in.