The Ballpark (part two)

Y/n's pov

As we headed towards the park, I noticed that there weren't that many people there. I looked over at my mother, and noticed that she was also a little suspicious about that. There usually was about 100 people there, but today, there were only about 35. 

"That's really weird," I said, turning to look at my mother. "there aren't many people here today." 

"Hm, maybe people are just really busy today." She said, as we walked down the hill. 

We were finally at the park, and I was getting Ethan ready to go out and play. 

"Ok, so you know what you have to do," I said, looking at him intently. "Just keep your eye on the ball, and don't suck." 

Ethan nodded at me, then went onto the field, to practice his pitching. He looked pretty good, compared to his teammates. 

Maybe this won't be such a bad game after all, I thought. 

~~~

Just as Ethan was about to hit, I saw something, which might have been coincidence, but I couldn't get my brain to process who it was. 

He's in London, not here, I thought, trying to wrap my brain around what I was thinking. 

I focused on the game, and the thought lingered in my head for a while. 

Ethan ended up hitting the third ball, thankfully, and he managed to get a homerun. I was super proud of him, especially since that's his first time hitting a homerun. 

As 3rd-inning started, I heard crunching behind me, like someone was walking up to me. I didn't turn around, just in case it was just a person trying to get by, so I just kind of sat up straighter, for manners. 

As soon as I sat up, I felt a pair or arms wrap around my waist. I turned around, and I guess my mind wasn't playing games on me, because there was Louis, standing there at the baseball game, hugging me from behind. 

He let go of my waist so I could hop off the bleachers, then I immediately hugged him. It felt so nice to be near him again. 

"Louis!!" I said, letting go of the hug. "What are you doing here?!" 

"I came to visit, plus I knew that I couldn't miss one of Ethan's baseball games." I smiled, and I knew that he meant it. 

"Wait, so that's why my friends didn't want to come today, because of you!!" I say, piecing all of the things together. Louis nodded, and then hugged me again. 

"I missed you a lot, so I decided to take a day off, and I got a plane as soon as possible, then came here to surprise you! So, surprise!!" He said, letting me go, laughing. 

"Wow, I missed you too!" I said, and leaned in, giving him a quick kiss. 

"How long are you staying?" I asked, feeling a little unhappy at the thought of him leaving again.

"I'll be staying for at least 3 days, but I can see if I can stay longer," He said, smiling at me. 

"I just don't want you to mess up with your movie, if you decide to stay longer." I say, grabbing his hand. 

"Well, I'll just say I was with you then, and they won't be able to say anything," He said, laughing a little bit. 

I leaned in again, wrapping my arms around his neck, and I just felt so good because I knew that I was with him, and that's all that really matters.