Chapter 2 - Her Loss.

Sometimes 'something' we have yearned for, we have to bury it tightly so that other people don't take it. But what if that 'something' chooses to be taken by someone else? We can't do anything but let this thing go, just like what Anne is doing now.

She saw that Ralf dated to Grace, and she was happy about it. Anne had given up on him because she didn't expect anything. One-sided love is not allowed to hope.

If Anne had not focused on Ralf, if Anne had looked at it from several different points of view, and if Anne had not fallen in love with Ralf, she would have known that around her there was also someone who adored her from the first time they met. Falling in love at first sight is beautiful for those who experience it.

And now Anne's focus is only on things that happen in outer space. It should have been like that from the start. Anne gave up Ralf with another woman and was waiting for the end of her own happy story.

"Carlisle isn't here?" Marcus asked.

Anne nods, "Went to Seoul for a week."

"Could you join me?"

Anne raised one of her eyebrow, "Where?"

"Solitude," Marcus whispered.

The Musée de Montmartre is nestled among three-century-old buildings. The museum is home for many famous artists and writers such as Renoir, La Balançoire, and Le Bal du Moulin de la Galette in 1876. Musée de Montmartre was created in 1960 in one of the oldest buildings in Walmart. Such a wonderful art here.

Anne and Marcus opened the door and the first thing they saw was a very beautiful flower garden. Many kinds of flowers here. Anne paused to film the pretty flowers through her little eyes. There was no doubt in Anne's twinkling how much she admired this thing.

After looking the beautiful flowers for a long time, Marcus invited Anne to immediately go inside, where the masterpieces were found. Marcus did not know much about any art or painting, he just accompanied Anne wherever she wanted to go. He knows about all the things that Anne adored. Marcus also knew that from the beginning, that girl wanted to bring her paintings here like Renoir. But the odd thing is Marcus doesn't know what makes Anne came to a degree that she never liked.

"Many famous artists such as Renoir, Bernard, Duffy, and Utrio called this building home and created wonderful masterpieces right here." Said Anne while stopping at Marcel Leprin's painting of Le Maquis de Montmartre.

"The Maquis, the area between rue Girardon and rue Caulaincourt, was once a large desert and then gradually became a small village in Montmartre. It is a home for fabrics, junk dealers, artisans, and artists."

Anne was shocked, "How did you know?"

Instead of answering, Marcus chuckled at Anne's surprised reaction. "Cute."

"Someone said Jean Renoir likes to come here looking for slugs."

"Where? In this museum? Are there snails?" Marcus asked repeatedly with a confused look on his face.

Anne laughed heartily, Marcus's confused face was the funniest thing in her life. "The Maquis."

Anne and Marcus had separated. Anne turned to the top floor, where the antiques from the old kingdom were there. The thing that excited was painting room by one of the famous painters. The smells of paint, canvas, and brushes relaxed Anne. She longed to paint again, to finish the painting she had never finished.