Chapter 3 - Time Machine.

2026, present time.

Everything we go through to be able to stand alone on the ground is because we can survive and fight fear. No one will ever fully be able to understand the internal battles you had to endure just to heal, just to grow, just to make it here today. Be proud of the way you fought to save yourself. Be proud of the way you survived.

Four years has passed, and Anne still has frequent delusions. Anne has not been able to let her father go and has not been able to accept the reality that was so cruel to her. The coffee shop is still running as usual, but it's not Anne serving. The girl hired someone to look after her coffee shop.

Today was the commemoring of Carlisle's death, likewise the first day Anne was out letting the sunshine on her. The white dress and long hair made Anne look prettiest, and a white carnation was already clutching in her hand.

There was a time when she wanted to make peace with the misfortunes that befell her, but Anne was reluctant. She would rather live in delusions than have to accept the fact that 'he' is gone.

Her small steps moved toward where Carlisle's ashes were enshrined, putting the carnations and edelweiss flowers she had just bought on the street.

"Hey, sorry for taking a long time to meet you. How was your trip there? Was it as beautiful as you expected? I hope so. Carlisle, I miss you."

The next monologue conversation was filled with stories about Anne's daily life during the four years she was confined to her room. She didn't get many new things, but now Anne is starting to be able to touch her brushes again.

After hours of sitting and telling stories, Anne began to feel tired. She decided to return home. When she turned her body backward, she was surprised. Anne meets her friends that she has been trying to avoid for a year.

Marcus, Ralf, and Zevryn were as shocked as Anne. The atmosphere between them was suddenly awkward because of the distance that Anne gave. And they don't know what to do.

Anne smiled awkwardly, "Want to see Carlisle?"

The three nodded their heads.

"Here. I'm going back home." Say goodbye to them.

Marcus' voice stopped Anne's feet, "Can't you stay here?"

The four of them sat side by side. Enjoy this awkwardness by drinking coffee. Anne didn't know what to say, she wasn't used to starting, and her friends knew that.

"How's life, Ann?" Zevryn ventured to ask.

"Tried to be fine."

"Still interested in Astronomy?"

Anne turned to the source of the voice, "Art."

"The villain hasn't been revealed yet, has it?" Zevryn whispered.

"Yeah." Anne breathes.

"ARGH!" Ralf suddenly shouted. His scream made all the visitors turn towards them.

Anne immediately hit Ralf's arm, "Shut up, you idiot!"

"Don't you miss this idiot friend of yours? The one you always have in mind? The one you are willing to bother with all the time?" Ralf suddenly became dramatic.

"Marcurius, what's wrong with him?"

"Ah, that name. I haven't heard anyone call me Marcurius in a long time. I miss it a bit."

"You know what, Ann? They've both been such weirdos for the past year. There's no zest to go through the day, let alone that stupid Marcurius. He visits this place every day to see if you're here. Every single day."

"RALF ARGH! SHUT UP." Now it was Marcus' turn to raise his voice at Ralf.

Anne laughed heartily. If there's anything more soothing than the sound of birds in the church, it's Anne's laughter.

"You're still investigating the Carlisle case, no?" Zevryn's voice distracted them.

"I know you've been sending someone to Seoul to investigate the Carlisle case."

Anne chose silence. She knew where this conversation ended up.

"Why are you always doing things alone? You can come to us." Continued Ralf.

"Instead of looking for the villain, why don't we save Carlisle? Marcus knows how," Zevryn told her.

"We can go back to the past."

Right on target, this made Anne not want to ask them for help. Their brains have been distracted by the strange things that Marcus has brought. Somehow Marcus convinced the two of them, but Anne could never believe it.

"Let me see it first."

***

After hearing Anne's approval, they are at Marcus's house now, to be exact, in his father's room. For your information, Marcus's father was the first inventor in his family, then Marcus found out by accident.

In front of Anne, there were only a few large bookshelves and a cupboard that was no less large. She was confused about the location of the door that Marcus often referred to because there was only one door.

Return to the object in sight. Marcus walked towards the bookshelf and took one of the literary works as thick as the rings of the planet Saturn. The man flipped through each page. Then in the middle of the page, there was a red button. Anne understands. The door is inside the large bookshelf.

Marcus pressed the button, and the large bookshelf split in two, revealing an elevator that had opened there. Marcus, Ralf, and Zevryn entered the elevator while Anne was stuck in place. The three friends stretched out one of their hands to become a foothold of trust.

"It's okay. Take it easy."

"Hurry up, Ann. My hands are tired for being so cool here." Ralf complained.

Anne enters, and the elevator door has been closed by Marcus. That is the beginning of their journey. Being in the past.

They all don't know if this is someone's plan. Putting them in a time machine and experiencing frustration with strategy is someone's plan.

Earth's rotation refers to the rotating motion of planet Earth from its axis. Earth rotates with a period of 23 hours and 56 minutes. The same is true for the answers to be sought. If the planet Earth is always rotating, it will never stop. If you find an awkwardness, then spin around looking the circumstances.

And if so, will the awkwardness remain the same as your first perspective? Remember, the Earth's rotation. It's the same with Astronomy. We invite you to rotate in space to help astronauts find their way home.

***

To be continue.