Chapter 8 - Final.

CW// Mention of blood, sexual harassment.

Anne, Marcus, and Zevryn had arrived in front of the old church. Marcus stared in all directions from outside. This place looked very old and creepy, even the buildings were yellowing.

"Anne, come in. Argue until Ralf gets angry and reveals his reasons. Zevryn, you guard her from behind the door. Make sure Ralf doesn't know your position. I'll call the police and the ambulance, and while I'm waiting for them to arrive I'll catch up with you, Zev. And, I'll have their sirens turned off so Ralf can't escape."

"What if Ralf suddenly shoots me?"

"Worst case scenario but don't panic. Zev and I will always be in your side. If Ralf is already swinging his gun at you, we will go inside, and take care of it. While Ralf is off guard, use that to get Carlisle out of here."

Anne's hunch said that Marcus' plan this time was fairly easy, considering Ralf was the villain. If it didn't go as smoothly as planned, Anne would sacrifice herself. Anything for her dad.

Anne opened the church door quietly so that Ralf wouldn't hear her presence. There was Carlisle sitting tied up and Ralf who was waiting for someone. Not knowing that someone was Anne.

Carlisle's condition was far from good. His wounds that had not yet dried, seemed to have new wounds there. Ralf realized Anne's presence through Carlisle's eyes, immediately turning around. Greeting the girl with a smile.

"You've taken so long, Roseanne."

Anne leaned closer, "What have you done to him?"

"Just a small wound, don't make a fuss." Ralf answered.

"A small wound from where, you bastard! I know how badly you beat my father."

"Then why are you just standing out there?"

Ralf tapped Anne's forehead, "Your main goal is to save him from death, right? And when you saw me beating him so badly, why did you just stand there? Come out, fight, and take revenge on me! You are so boring, Ann."

"You beat him just to get my attention? If you hadn't gotten my attention until now, would you have continued beating him?"

"Of course." Ralf answered with confidence and pride.

Anne slapped Ralf, "Are you insane?"

"I would do anything for your attention, especially hurts your dad. I hate it when Marcus gets your attention so much. Why can't it be me, Ann? You only deserve me!"

Ralf grabbed Anne's hair, "Why is it so hard to get your attention, huh?"

"Who are you?" Anne asked.

"What do you mean? I'm Ralf."

Anne shook her head, "No. You're not him. The Ralf I know is humorous, friendly, and loving. Even my father knows you with a personality of kindness. Who are you?" Ralf removed his hand from Anne's hair.

"Ah that bitch. What did you expect to come out with such a dramatic line? For me to let Carlisle go and you guys will live happily? No, throw your thoughts away. It's useless."

Damn. Anne should have understood that Ralf was not susceptible to being given a dramatic sentence like that.

"What should I do to release Carlisle from your depraved hands?"

"You begging on me?"

Anne rolled her eyes, "So this is why you killed my father? Such a lowly reason for my father to die in vain? I came all the way from the future not to hear clichéd reason. At least make a cool, use your stupid brain."

"What did you say?" Ralf was enraged.

Ralf punched Anne's jaw, slapped her cheek next, and threw her body to the east. Such quick movements left Anne unable to retaliate.

"That's. Not. My. Reason." His denial was punctuated with emphasis on each word.

Anne touched the corner of her lips, there was blood flowing there. The girl got up, wanting to hit him back but Ralf dodged, and slammed Anne's body from behind.

It hurt. Ralf was no match for her. If you want to fight Ralf, just use your brain because Ralf has a low IQ. Stupidly here, Anne stood up and looked at Ralf.

"It hurts?" Ralf asked.

"It's much more disgusting to be beaten back by a fool like you. To put love above all else to do such a depraved thing."

"That's not my reason, bitch! How many times have I told you that it's not my reason! The real reason is because your father raped my mother! You don't even know that the main reason my mother died was because of what your father did!"

Anne chuckled, "What more lies do I have to hear from your mouth?"

"If you really don't believe me," Ralf held up his cell phone with a recording of two people performing oral sex. What hurt more was that Carlisle was there. He looked like he was being pushy when she wanted to leave.

The thousands of facts she had learned in the past week, this was the one she didn't want to accept. She wanted to deny but could not. She spent a whole life just with him, and seeing his behavior towards other women makes her unable to accept.

"My mom died after being raped by that bastard."

Anne slammed Ralf's cell phone down, covering her ears as much as she could so as not to hear another painful fact from Ralf. She hated Ralf's statement.

As Anne was busy calming herself down, Ralf took advantage of the situation to load the bullets in his gun. He took two steps back, then thrust the gun right at Anne's head.

Within a second he managed to shoot Anne, but from behind there was a sudden attack that knocked him off his feet, and kicked his hand that was holding the gun. They are Marcus and Zevryn.

"Anne condition your mood! Take Carlisle away from here!" Marcus said trying to wake Anne up.

Anne shook her head, "No. I can't."

"Wake up! He just wants to manipulate your mind. His mother died after successfully giving birth to him. That man needs someone to vent his unfairness through Carlisle."

Ralf wanted to rebel but he was outmatched by Zevryn.

"NO. DON'T BELIEVE HIM, ANNE! HE'S SUCH A MANIPULATIVE HERE!"

"Take Carlisle away." Marcus ordered.

Then Marcus and Zevryn hit Ralf blindly. Two against one is difficult, especially with Zevryn's big body here. Ralf could only surrender.

While the two of them were busy giving Ralf a beating, Anne fell silent in front of Carlisle. From the beginning until now Carlisle had been a silent witness to their debate. Carlisle could not open his voice because his mouth was covered with a large piece of duct tape.

Anne untied Carlisle, removed the duct tape from his mouth, and finally saw his messy condition. Carlisle hugged Anne with a great cry.

In the distance Anne saw another man running towards her, a gun in his hand. The man seemed to want to shoot Carlisle from behind. Marcus and Zevryn were unaware because they were busy with Ralf.

"CARLISLE! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO MY MOTHER!"

The sound of the gunshot distracted everyone in the room. Especially when Anne turned her body and the bullet hit her head. What was the point of going back in time if it was all for nothing?

Their struggle in the time machine was over, with a sad ending. Their goal had been well served, but losing another person was not a good ending.

They managed to bring Carlisle back, but failed to go home with Anne. Like Anne's statement at the beginning, anything for Carlisle. Whatever she will do for her father even if her life is at stake. The time machine stops here and will not have access to open it because it is busy mourning the departure of the main character.

***

End.