Chapter Eight

"Are you. Are you coming to the tree, they strung up a man they say who murdered three, strange things have happened here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree" I hummed the familiar tune to myself over and over again.

As strange as it was the song seemed to have a soothing effect on me as I looked up at the black sky. The vicious winds blew through my hair as I cautiously looked around at my surroundings.

Yes I was planning on running away, I was sick of the looks I was getting from the whole pack.. Sure there was Cammie and Seth but everyone else seemed to hate me.

Even Drew didn't trust me. That thought made my wolf howl out in my mind, I wasn't sure if it was the fact that our mate didn't trust us or if it was just the mention of his name that was upsetting her.

I was a rogue..

That's all I knew for sure.. My parents were gone.. My mate didn't love me.. No one would really care if I left. With that in mind I shifted into my wolf form, pushing my legs as fast as they could go, I could feel the boundary of the packs territory growing closer and closer but I didn't care.. I was almost there.

'Fuck' I thought to myself as I heard the sound of paws running up behind me.. They wouldn't catch me, I was quite fast for a female wolf.

I turned my head to glance at what (or who) was behind me.. That was my first mistake, there wasn't only one wolf, there were approximately 5 wolves and I could tell by the power radiating off of the black one that it wasn't going to end well for me.

My wolf let out a loud yelp of agony as a pair of Canines gripped onto her hind leg, a snap echoing through the forest.

I stopped dead in my tracks, my wolf giving me full control as I shifted back into my human form. 'Wow this hurts like a bitch' I thought to myself, letting out a soft whimper as I looked at the ripped flesh on my left leg.

But it wasn't my whimper that made all of the wolves stop dead in their tracks. It was the murderous snarl that came after.

My eyes lifted from my leg to see a beautiful chocolate brown wolf walking towards me 'Mate.' My wolf howled as my eyes connected with Drew's. He growled possessively at all of the wolves that were standing too close to me before walking over, his eyes landing on my leg.

I'm not too sure what happened next but before I knew it a pair of strong tanned arms were lifting me off of the ground.

Drew nuzzled his nose in my neck in an effort to calm his wolf down "Are you okay?" He asked huskily, carrying me back to the pack house.

AUTHORS NOTE:
So sorry guys, I know this chapter is rubbish but I'm exhausted and I didn't want to let you guys down by not posting a chapter!

VOTE, COMMENT, ADD THE BOOK TO YOUR READING LISTS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY

LOVE YOU GUYS! xx