Playful Banter

Gaege Pov

Eddie and I drive to the different restaurants to get everybody their hangover food. Eddie makes me stop at the local Taco Bell because he was hungry. He ended up eating all of it really quickly and finishing it before we even got to the second place. Eddie said that Josh and Mully would want Burger King burgers because that's their favorite. Then we drive to the grocery store to get a salad for Grant. 

"He seriously wants a salad?" I say.

"Yes," Eddie says. 

"It's really not surprising. Is there anything food related that he takes a guilty pleasure in?" I ask.

"Mountain Dew."

"Really? That's how far he'll stray from goodness?"

"Sometimes it's not diet."

"That somehow makes it worse."

"There has to be one healthy one out of us all."

"You should probably eat healthier as well."

"Blah blah blah. You can't eat healthy when you're Mexican."

"Yes, because your parents force you to eat that."

"You don't have to see the look on their face when I tell them that I'm full. It's always one more this or one more that."

"Pussy."

"Shut up."

"You."

"You."

"We are such children."

"What do you expect?"

"Nothing more and nothing less," I say. 

"You're more of a child than I am."

"Bet."

"Why are we doing this?"

"I have no clue."

"Oh, we're here," Eddie says. We walk into the grocery store. Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa is playing. Eddie hums along to it as we walk through the grocery store. Then the next song comes on.  

"Oh my f*cking God," I mutter. Numb comes onto the speakers. 

"Seriously?" Eddie asks.

"Why?" I cry.

"Lets just try to ignore it," Eddie says. We grab what we need and head to the checkout to buy Grant's salad. Once we leave, I hear the song playing on repeat in my head. 

"F*cking hell," I say.

"We can't f*cking escape it," Eddie says. 

"I hate this song now," I say.

"So do I," Eddie says. We sit in the car, letting the song go through our heads over and over.

"Why don't we listen to the radio?" I say. I turn the radio on and guess what song is playing? Numb. "Ok. Maybe not." I turn off the radio quickly. We finally get back home, both of us humming the song.

Hope you guys liked it! Luv you all! More to come!!!!!!!