9.

The rest of the day had passed by quickly after that.

Once the members had gotten a scene of Jennie's ruthless techniques they dared to question her.

Jin and Hobi had stayed back with Julie to help deal with her injuries, which was easily a bruise forming, and possibly other injuries as well.

Namjoon, Suga, Jungkook and Jimin on the other hand had all left to go to their other work, which would be piling up if left unattended.

Meanwhile Taehyung collected Jennie's belongings and left to follow her, which he had seen she went through the back exit to the outside of the ware house.

And just as he followed, he found her there with a cigarette in hand as she was gazing.

"You know I won't hurt you. you don't have to stand there staring" she said staring him as he only awkwardly chuckled and joined her.

"What did you say to her in the end there?" He asked as he didn't understand her last statement to the girl.

"It's better if you don't know. It's Italian" she said blowing out a puff of smoke.

"It's not a habit by the way, I'm quitting soon. After this mission is over at least" She said motioning to her cigar as he nodded.

"Don't worry, I have the same attitude as well, only smoke once in a while, also, you know Italian?" He asked shocked as she chuckled.

"Honey I'm half Italian and half Korean. I'm born there, I also speak like what, 8 languages I think?" she said making him shocked.

"Well, that was unexpected. Both the language thing and you being half Italian. Where are you from?" He asked as she faced him.

"Not even my file knows that, but I'll assume you won't tell anyone. Im from Naples, the training was in Turin though" she explained as he nodded.

"Wow, that's, interesting. How long have you trained for?" He asked curiously unknown to the fact that she had tended up at his question.

"Since I was 14. I was a kid. The other members joined around the age of 17 though. Still not a good time, but, what can we do?" She muttered letting out another puff of smoke.

"Wow, that's a... long time" he managed to say, as he couldn't imagine doing deeds like these as a mere 14 year old.

"Also, you could have gone easier on her, you know, Julie?" He said as he faced her direction removing his gaze from the forest ahead of them.

"Hm. We were trained to be brutal. And if you must know, I did go easy on her" she said curtly before letting the cigarette drop to the ground and putting it out with her shoe , which she collected on her way out earlier.

"And thanks for my things by the way" she said motioning to her belongings she was still unknowingly carrying.

He handed them to her as she slipped her leather jacket on, followed by her placing her weaponry in their specific places on her clothes, and then taking her hand bag, before finally slipping her mask back on.

"And Jennie?" He said before the two walked out.

"Hm?" She sounded with a questioning tone facing him once again.

"Don't take what Julie said to mind. She's just like that sometimes." He said with a smile as she did as well, pointlessly as it was concealed by her face mask either way.

"Don't worry, I didn't. We're good, right, Taehyung?" She asked in a teasing way as he rolled his eyes at her.

"Yeah yeah that was nice before you ruined it" he muttered as she only laughed.

"Ruined what?" She teased pointing at him as the two walked in side by side, making the few who witnessed the fight earlier step away from Jennie's path, and those unknown to it glance at them questionably.

Who was she?

And why was she so close with their boss?

The question lingered with them as the two only ignored the states and walked in further into the base.

"Wow, you're seriously laughing with her after what happened?" A voice called as both of their heads snapped to the direction it sounded from, only to find Julie accompanied by Jin and Hobi, who only winced in discomfort of the possible new tension once they saw Jennie rolling her eyes.

"Okay, cut it out. Both of you, that's enough. Julie, I know you were just trying to help us, but you should have talked to me. I did ask Yakuza to help them, and when they offered Lynx we were the ones grateful. And just so you know, I did ask her to treat me casually. So please, I really want you two to get along, now that we're going to be working together" Taehyung sounded as he looked back to see Jennie but she was already gone.

"Huh?" He questioned looking back at the other two.

"Oh she got a phone call in the middle of the speech and excused herself. It seemed important, and probably more important Than this speech." Jin informed.

"Yeah, and we really shouldn't hog up the hallways any further, so see you" hobi said as he and Jin assisted Julie across the hallway as Taehyung only sighed.

"He's soft for her now. Normally he wouldn't tolerate this crap, even from someone from a bigger mafia" Julie stubbornly said making both Jin and Hobi sigh.

"Look kiddo, you might not have heard him because of your anger, but he is right. And if you still can't stand her, then just think of it this way. The better you work together, the faster this gets over, and then you won't have to see her again. She'll be gone, and probably won't be back unless one of us start dating her. So you know, give it a shot?" Jin suggested as he looked at her.

"You should also give her a chance. I know you don't like bigger mafia agents because you think they act more than they can do, but she did seem skilled. Maybe she can actually help us right? You saw better than all of us how capable she is. Just try?" Hobi continued as she just sighed.

"Fine"

-------------
Chapter 9: Bite the bullet
-------------