16.

Dream just stood at the house door, looking at people put his mother into a ambulance, he sobbed and placed a hand on his face. He felt torn, he felt ruined, he was just in complete distress.

Why did his father do that?

Josh and some cop were talking outside, chatting about the situation.

Dream highly bet his father was just lying about it, saying wrong things that didn't actually happen to make himself innocent so he didn't get arrested.

Dream had no gut of just walking up to that police officer and telling him what really happened, he was just scared to do that, he could've easily gotten his father arrested... but he had a second thought.

Maybe he could.

His mind was telling him not to but his heart said otherwise, the blonde swallowed, squeezing his hands, he looked up and went over to the police officer and his father, giving the cop an anxious stare.

The police officer stopped talking as Dream approached, giving the boy a confused stare as he lifted an eyebrow. "And how can I help you?" He asked.

Dream did a glance at his father, he huffed, "I want to explai—" The blonde spoke, crossing his arms.

"Clay." His father interrupted.

The blonde gave Josh a stare.

"You look really exhausted, did you get enough sleep again?" Dream's father questioned low, placing a hand on his son's shoulder as he gave him an nervous look.

"W-what?" Dream stuttered, confused on what his father was even talking about, not even understanding his sentence that just got asked out of nowhere.

"Sorry, it's just that— Clay has a sleeping disorder, he doesn't get much sleep and sometimes he'll just talk nonsense, he forgets easily." Josh explained with a chuckle, patting Dream's shoulder as he gazed at the police officer with a smile.

"What?! That's not tru—" Dream denied, shaking his head as his father talked crap, what the fuck was this? This was definitely an excuse to get his toxic problems out the way.

"I think you should head inside." Dream's father ordered, glaring at the boy.

Dream stared at his father, unbelievable, he looked at the cop again as he was just trying to think of something to convince this police officer on what actually happened with the incident, now the man just seemed like Dream was crazy if he spoke. He nodded his head slightly, walking back inside the home, he sniffed.

Josh gave the police officer a smile.

The boy walked into the house, crying silently, he walked over to his room door, fuck... he was in pain, he couldn't do anything, his mother was being sent to the hospital and he was stuck with his abusive father, what could he do...?

Dream opened the room door and just saw Tommy curled up on his bed, the little boy looked asleep, that made Dream smile slightly.

He couldn't do this.

He couldn't let his father just stay with them while his mother was gone, he would have to take care of so much, pick up Tommy from his school because his father didn't even give a shit to ever pick him up, Josh didn't even feed him, take care of rent.

His mother was gone, there was no way they could survive.

She did so much for the fucking family.

The boy sniffed, he squeezed his hands again in anger, shaking and he crumbled to the floor, he sobbed down to the ground uncontrollably, he was sick... he didn't know what to do.