章 16

"You're so brave, everything is okay now." 

I hugged Kyla and caressed her hair, the court hearing just finished now and Julian was guilty of all his doings. Jackie and I walked towards Direk Arah and other girls who was Julian's victim to tell them that we're going to leave already.

"Selene, we will do another proposal for a new project, okay?" Direk Arah held my shoulders and gave me a warm smile. "We will go back to zero and start again." 

Yes, the project got postponed because of what happened. It's been 3 weeks since we got back here in Manila and we immediately work on the case. Time flies so fast, agad-agad din nabigyan hustisya ang mga nabiktima niya. Nakakagaan ng luob. My heart is really happy because I know that we helped them to have the justice they want. 

"I understand, direk." I nodded and smiled.

"Alright! We will just call your manager or your mom. Thank you. Mister Jiraanan, thank you also." Direk Arah looked at Jackie. 

Jackie just nodded and gave her a small smile. We left right after that because Jackie has a meeting on his office, pero sinama pa rin niya 'ko. Antayin ko na lang daw siya para makapagdinner pa kami together. So, sumama naman ako. 

He went to the conference room, while me, I was just sitting here on his swivel chair. His office is really big, mayroong couch tapos mini table duon. He has an Apple iMac PC on his table kagaya nung nasa bahay namin, his table is full of papers and different colors of pens and highlighters. I smiled when I saw a picture frame with our picture on it during his graduation. 

I was about to stand up but my hand slipped on his mouse, nabuksan tuloy 'yong PC. I laughed a bit when i saw my face as a wallpaper of his PC. At the same time, I got shy because this PC is really big. I looked at the door when someone opened it.

"Oh..." Her lips parted when she saw me, she was wearing a corporate attire so I assumed that she's working here. 

"Yes? Uh... Jacques is not here, he has an on-going meeting." I told her. I just sat down on the couch and waited her to leave but I was wrong, she even sat beside me holding a basket full of fruits and a queso de bola. Oh, right! Christmas is approaching! 

"Hi, I will just ask, sana hindi ka ma-offend. Who are you?" She asked.

My lips parted after hearing her question, parang nahurt ang feelings ko duon ah. "Uh... I'm Selene Wang, Jacques' future wife." I confidently showed her my ring. 

She looked shocked when she heard that, kitang kita sa mukha niya ang gulat. "W-What?! He's engaged?!" She asked.

"Yeah, with me." I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders. "You? Who are you?" I kindly asked her.

"Uh-"

The door opened and I was expecting Jackie to be there. This girl is making me uncomfortable. "Baby..." His voice weaken when he saw the woman sitting beside me. "Are you okay?" He walked towards me and held my hand. "What are you doing here?!"