5 ; advice

tooru's pov

"..okay, but do you- really have to uhm..laugh at me for it?"
"ehh.. not really, it's just funny. just ask to kiss me next time and i'll think about it."

"you know what they say-"

"consent is key!"
"consent is key!"

"okay but, i need to get going. my dad's probably home right now and wondering where i am.. see you on monday, tooru!" y/n says, getting off the couch and leaves the house. 

'that was fun.' i say to myself, getting up from the floor and cleaning up the place. around 7pm, mom gets home and asks what happened today and if y/n showed up. "well, yeah. we uhm.. well *i* tried to kiss her but i failed horribly..aha.." i mumble, audible enough for my mom to hear. "don't get your hopes down, tooru! she likes you back, i'm sure of it! her mother and i have been talking about it- and we're both sure y/n-chan likes you as well." mom says to me. "t-thanks, mom.." i say. "welp, just call me when dinner's ready, i'll be upstairs." "alright, see you tooru!" mom says before going into the kitchen to cook dinner.

'i wonder if she really does like me though..like romantically. i mean we could platonically date but i kinda have romantic feelings for her..' i think. 'i'm gonna be really sad n shit if she rejects me- probably what my..fangirls feel. but, i'm not that popular. my confidence is kind of just a shell to protect my insecurities. it might seem cliche, but it's true. y/n is one of those things that build up my confidence and make me happy! if she does accept me and we become a couple..i'd be really happy..! some things like this only happen in a lifetime. i just wanna..be accepted. as a lover. hopefully y/n-chan doesn't leave me for someone else- just like my ex did. (ex's name) left me because i was "too obsessed" with volleyball. i just wanna- pursue that dream. jEEZ- okay i'll stop venting to myself,, i'll just listen to some music.' 

i go to my pc and play the ABBA gold album. their music's good. old music is nice to listen to. mamma mia kinda reminds me of-..someone. jeez, tooru. you really need to stop looking back at the past and look at the present. 

around an hour and a half later, mom calls me for dinner and i head downstairs. "dad's not here yet?" i ask, sitting on the chair beside her. "not yet.. he said he'll be back around 11 pm," she explains. i nod my head  and start eating the katsudon she made. "dad really needs a break, doesn't he? working really hard, taking longer night shifts, y'know?" i say to mom. "he really does. i'll tell him to tell that to his boss. i'm concerned. AND YOU DO TOO TOORU. you've been working really hard lately, right? plus, there's a week break i heard. you can rest and do whatever!" mom rambles. "i guess so, thanks for the concern mom." i say, getting up from the table and washing my empty bowl of katsudon. 

thank you for reading chapter 5 of cliche !
this one took a little longer than the others, i'll try to make the future chapters longer!