Prologue

This story was originally co-written with fanfiction.net writer MOVIELORD101, who came up with the basic plot idea and gave advice on the writing.

The adventure takes place after the events of my previous story 'Spyfall', in which there had been a big prison breakout at WOOHP and Alex got herself a new hairdo.

Many thanks to fellow 'Totally Spies' writer jettmanas, who created some new artwork for this story.

******

It was a dark and shadowy evening at the dockyards of New York City, just the way that WOOHP agent Jim Band liked it. It made it easier for him to keep out of sight as he quietly observed the abandoned 'Rouse Construction' warehouse, in which he suspected lurked the two escaped convicts that he had been assigned to recapture. The kind of agent who preferred to work alone, Band was used to skulking in the shadows, readying himself for the right moment to strike and take his opponents unaware. Using all the experience he had learnt over the years that he had been a WOOHP spy, he moved silently and cautiously across the docks, taking care to avoid being spotted by the two hulking henchmen guarding the main doors. Satisfied that he had not been seen, Band crept over to the side of the large warehouse and carefully peered through the slightly ajar window.

"Ah, gotcha," he grinned to himself as he saw that inside the warehouse were the two villains he was searching for: Dr Vomesa and the two-feet tall Diminutive Smalls. They were busy working on some kind of futuristic-looking submersible craft about the size of a small lorry and equipped with various advanced weapons and tools, like lasers and grappling arms. It took Band just a second to realise that this was an upgraded version of Dr Vomesa's micro-sub, the one he used to infiltrate Jerry's brain in order to take over WOOHP. Placed next to the sub was what looked like a large mounted ray gun, pointed directly at the submarine. Presumably, this was Diminutive Smalls' diabolical Alpha-X9 shrinking machine, all ready to shrink the sub down to micro-size once it was all ready.

"Perfect," announced Vomesa as he finished making the last connections for the control panel. "Our fully armed micro-sub is now ready for its test flight. With it, we'll be able to infiltrate the United Nations building with ease."

"And then, we'll infiltrate the brains of all the world leaders one by one and install mind-controlling micro-chips, placing them all under our control," leered Smalls. "The world will be ours to command in no time flat!"

"Indeed so," said Vomesa. "You have learnt well, my old colleague. All that remains to be done is to power up the shrinking ray and reduce the sub to micro-size."

Listening in to every word, Band calmly considered his options. He could try to tackle the two scientists now on his own, but he had read the files on both criminals, and a one-man attack would be quite unwise, considering the devious cunning of both villains. Besides which, he did not know just how many other henchmen were in there with the two baddies, so it was probably wiser to call in some reinforcements first.

But before Band even had a chance to reach for his communicator, something grabbed his foot and he found himself being tossed right through the air! With a yell of alarm, he crashed into some nearby crates, sending splinters of wood flying about the place. Rubbing his head with a groan, Band looked up and was astonished to see that he had been attacked by a two-foot tall woman, who had quietly snuck up behind him while his attention was on the two rogue scientists.

"Oh blast," Band muttered to himself as he realised that he had been taken down by Diminutive Smalls' sister Sally, who was just as twisted and evil as her brother.

"Lyle! Merle! Get over here now. We have an intruder!" yelled Sally to the two henchmen guarding the main doors. She then turned to face Band, an evil smile crossing her face. "Good thing I decided to scout around and make sure no one was listening in, wasn't it?"

"Yes, I must congratulation your vigilance," sighed Band, raising his arms in surrender as Vomesa's two underlings ran over and aimed their rifles at him. As the villains began to march the WOOHP agent into the warehouse, Band began to grind his teeth, apparently in frustration. But what Sally, Lyle and Merle did not realise was that Band was actually activating a switch built into his false tooth that activated a homing beacon, signalling directly to WOOHP.

"Hope you're listening in, Chief," Band thought glumly to himself as he was led into the villains' stronghold.