The Voyage Home

Refusing to let herself give in to panic, Sam spotted Clover's outstretched hand sticking out through the pile of antibodies covering her

Refusing to let herself give in to panic, Sam spotted Clover's outstretched hand sticking out through the pile of antibodies covering her. Thinking fast, Sam quickly fired her Expandable Cable Bungee Belt and the buckle managed to wrap itself around Clover's wrist. Beneath the swarm burying her, Clover realised what had just grabbed her wrist and she was just able to grab hold of the main cable with her hand, before Sam began to reel the cable in. Sam pulled with all her might and within seconds, Clover was wrenched free of the mass of proteins that had just tried to neutralise her. However, some of the antibodies were still wrapped tightly around her and were gradually squeezing the life out of her.

"Sammy... Hurry!" Clover managed to gasp. "It's... getting a bit... difficult to... breathe right now!"

Sam quickly grabbed her friend and the two of them managed to get into the spy-sub's airlock, which automatically closed the hatch behind them. Inside, the airlock began to empty the water out of the chamber as Sam desperately began to claw the antibodies off Clover's body. At first the antibodies refused to budge, but as the water levels finished dropping and oxygen began to flood in, the antibodies stiffened and began to crystallise. Sam was thus able to break off the now brittle antibodies and Clover collapsed to the floor gasping for breath.

"Ahh, thanks Sammy," sighed Clover as she tried to catch her breath. "I thought... I was a... total goner back there!"

Sam gingerly helped her friend to her feet and together they clambered out of the airlock and into the main control cabin.

"Just take it easy, Clover," said Sam as she tenderly helped her friend into a seat. "You'll be okay once you get your breath back."

Clover gave a weak smile. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. But can we start making our way home now?"

"No prob," smiled Sam as she moved across to the main controls and sat down in the driver's seat. "We just need to pick up those two misfits in their own sub, then we can get out of this icky place."

Sam began operating the controls and the spy-sub sprung into life, moving its way down towards the villains' submarine. As Sam flicked another switch, two large robotic arms with pincer-like hands began to fold out, one on either side of the spy-sub. As the gap between the two vessels began to close, Sam carefully guided their own sub's large metal claws to grab hold of the energy bubble currently enveloping the other micro-sub, before lifting it and its two squabbling occupants off the the bumpy surface of Alex's stomach.

"Gotcha!" said Sam triumphantly. "Okay, now let's clear out of here."

******

In the WOOHP lab, Alex and Jerry were waiting anxiously for fresh news on Sam and Clover's progress. When last checked, the scanners had indicated that both subs were still floating about in Alex's belly and Jerry had been unable to get through on the communicators, as Sam and Clover had been busy with extracting the micro-sub's nuclear battery at the time.