Spock: "Emotional Connections"

A lieutenant on the ship has a little crush on the half-Vulcan.

"Commander," I asked, clearing my throat uncomfortably

Spock looked up. His brown eyes locked onto mine, and I smiled shyly. "Sorry to interrupt, sir."

I handed him the PADD. I was careful to keep from touching him. I knew touching in the Vulcan culture was severely intimate.

"Thank you, Leiutenant Danielle." He knew my name? Well, my last name, anyway. I gulped in as much air as I could without being too conspicuous. I couldn't even be around him without getting nervous.

Lately especially, it seemed. I puffed a dark curl out of my face and realized we were standing there staring at each other.

Idiot! He probably thinks you're psycho or something now. "Um, if there's nothing else you need," I said, looking at my feet, "I'll be going now."

His eyes suddenly came into focus. "No, no. That will be all." I nodded and turned to leave, but then he called me back. "Just a moment, Leiutenant. There is something you can help with."

What?

"Of course, Commander. What can I do?"

"I have a question. Do you feel any psychological or emotional connection towards myself?"

I choked on oxygen. "Well..."

"I myself have not felt such an attachment before, other than now, towards you, and it perplexes me. I am simply wondering if this is an unrequited feeling."

I was breathing hard now. Yeah, no, it's not like I had the biggest freakin' crush on this guy or anything. The guy that can't feel. You sure know how to pick 'Em, Sadie.

"Well, see, that's the thing, Commander-"

"Please. Spock."

I hiccuped. "Okay, Spock," I said. "There's a really long version of this, but I'll shorten it. Yes."

Though his emotions were on a minuscule level compared to other humans, I saw his eyes fall.

"I mean, no! I mean, wait. Dammit!" I ran a hand through my hair. "Yes. I have feelings for you. No, your emotions are not unrequited. I like you . . . a lot." I licked my lips and looked up at him. He was so tall.

Spock's eyes were intently studying my face. "Interesting." He stepped closer to me and cupped my chin. His hands were pleasantly cool. "Your face turns the most beautiful shade of pink when we converse."

I blushed even deeper at that. If that was possible. Spock's fingertips grazed my cheek. "S-Spock," I whispered, and then I took his hand from my face with my own and pressed my fingertips to his.

A Vulcan kiss. I knew what it was, I mean, duh, but I wasn't sure if I was going to offend him, or what-

"You've turned a nice shade of green, yourself," I commented in a quiet, nonchalant voice.

The corners of his mouth twitched. "I can't allow this. We've forgone your culture's form of a kiss. I can not simply let you be offended by my negligence. I don't know..."

I stopped him, our hands still connected. "I got this." So I stood in my tiptoes and allowed him to meet me halfway there.

I think fireworks exploded inside my head when our lips met. I slid my free arm around his neck and tried my hardest to stay on my tippy-toes. It was the only way I could reach his lips. I then proceeded to fall ungracefully back onto my heels.

"Sorry, I can't reach you," I admitted, my arm still around his neck. Our hands that had been otherwise occupied were now at our sides.

And he laughed. It was like I was seeing the sun for the first time.

I knew I loved him in that moment.