Fool

Torian walked to school humming a tune. The trees seemed greener than ever and he felt almost optimistic about life.

There was something empowering about putting his foot down and cutting off the friends that weren't doing him good, he reflected. After leaving the Gem Squad he'd broken it off with a few school friends.

It was like after having done it once the action was familiar and easy.

Suddenly he felt an arm around his neck and claws prickling his face.

"Foolish human. You never look where you're going." the demon whispered, licking its lips.

Torian looked around, quickly realizing there was nobody around.

"There's nobody around." the demon repeated, opening its mouth.

"You're the fool." Torian said, transforming in a burst of tiny floating gems that threw the demon off of him.

The rocks returned to orbit around a green haired girl in an intricately floofy green dress.

Torian had never really bothered to look at Jade's costume. The important thing was the power she had.

He raised a hand and pointed at the demon, who exploded into a mess of blood.

Torian shivered. The power was chilling. Any of the Gem Squad could teleport, turn invisible, or kill anyone without similar superpowers by simply pointing at them.

The green gems floating around Jade returned to her and Torian walked quickly, wanting to be away from the street before anyone found the demon's remains.