Eyes

Jade opened her eyes. She didn't usually sleep, but today she'd missed it so she'd slept through the night.

Her family was out of the spotlight, and with the security guards always posted around their large house and larger property, they were able to even invite guests over or take bodyguards with them and go out.

Despite the fact that she felt safe after years with no confrontation, Jade had never transformed back.

There was simply no reason to.

"Hey, Tori. Want to play video games with me?" Prina asked, poking her head into the room.

Prina and Len, though they had an on and off friendship, had united on calling her Tori. They'd said Jade seemed too formal and Torian didn't seem to suit her anymore.

Jade floated to the floor, setting her feet to the ground even though she didn't give herself any weight. She'd found sleeping in midair to be most comfortable, after some experimentation.

She sighed as she nodded and followed Prina to the game room. Len was already playing something, and she finished her game, deciding to play with them.

Jade wondered if living in so much wealth was making them all lazy, or out of touch with regular people.

"There was a time when I hated my powers." Jade reflected. "I was just a normal kid. There was no reason for the powers to choose me, and I found them unpredictable. The godlike power freaked me out. But now, it's just a part of my life."

And perhaps it was a part of her, too. Jade felt the crystals around her as if they were her own limbs, the power inside her intertwined with every part of her being.

"Things change. That's life." Len said, taking her eyes off the game they were setting up to look at Jade.
"True, but I think we're also the people we always were. Like... Tori's still who she was before all this happened, just with some sparkles and responsibility on top of it. And we might be rich now, but we're still good people." Prina said.

"That's what every rich person says." Len said with a snort.

"See, you're the same pessimist you always were." Prina said.