Nail

Amethyst tugged at her frilly dress, examining the design. After the novelty of being a superpowerful girly humanoid wore off, she found herself wondering why the dresses looked the way they did.

Despite the variation in the people the gems had attached themselves to, there was a sameness to the body type and general fashion sense of each girl.

"YOU got your hands on those powers?" a deep, velvety voice asked.

Amethyst turned back into Neris, seeing no point in denying that it was them. The demon who'd asked the question was a friend who lived in a nearby tunnel that visited sometimes. He was generally not an ambitious guy, so Neris was only slightly worried he'd go after Amethyst's gem.

"You hit the nail on the head, Ve. Through a scheme of great cunning and wit, I got my hands on the power of the gods." Neris said, making a grand gesture.

They paused to see if Ve would believe them.

"What did you do?" Ve said.

"Oh you know." Neris said, hoping for more of a response.

"Cool. What are you going to do with your powers?" Ve asked, picking bits of earthworm out of his teeth.

"You're going to have to try harder than that if you want me to tell you!" Neris said in mock anger.

Ve shrugged.

"You're too dramatic for me. If you don't want to tell me, sure, it's none of my business." he said, pretending to turn and walk away.

At least Neris thought he was pretending.

"Fine, fine. In reality, I didn't do a thing to get these powers. They were dropped in my lap, delivered on a silver platter, served with a cherry on top." Neris said, throwing their hands up in defeat.

"What, really? I want someone to just give me godlike powers." Ve said.

"Looks like you got unlucky, didn't you? If these powers had just turned a little to avoid, say, some nasty bugs that happened to be in their way, they might have landed in the next cave over."

"Bugs are tasty." Ve said.

"I prefer humans myself." Neris said, shrugging.