4 | September 1999

Evie's Pov

A few weeks after Nathan hit me, Fred and George have been doing everything they can to keep me at the flat above their shop. I had contacted Professor McGonagall and told her there was a family emergency. She had allowed me a delayed start to the term, so I start on the first of October. I was thankful for that as it gave me some time without any stress.

Katie has been spending a lot of time with me. Keeping me company whilst my brothers were at work. I had mentioned to her that I needed to get more stuff from my flat, but she wouldn't let me go on my own. I told her I could go when Nathan was at work. She just told me she would have a word with George about it.

George agreed for him and Fred to accompany me to the flat I shared with Nathan to help me move all my stuff out. I was nervous. I knew I couldn't stay with him after he hit me, but I never believed I would leave him. My mind always gave a reason to forgive him, and I thought I would do the same again. If I were being honest if it weren't for the twins, Katie and my other friends I probably would have gone back to him after this. I knew it would take some time, but I had to learn to live without him.

I didn't need him.

Not like he had me believe for years. I didn't need Nathan.

We waited until I knew Nathan would be at work then me, George and Fred apparated to my old flat. I noticed empty firewhisky bottles everywhere and the washing up hadn't been done for days. The house smelled really bad, and I could tell Nathan had been smoking indoors.

"Well now we know who did the work around here, three weeks without you Evie and he has wrecked the place." Fred spoke. He and George were looking around in disbelief.

"I definitely didn't leave it like this. Lets just move quickly I don't want to be here when he is." I said quickly. I went to the Ministry the day after Nathan hit me and spoke to Andrea again. a report was filed after that and if I had anymore contact with him I needed to let Andrea know.

I went into my old bedroom and quickly packed my stuff with a wave of my wand. I was shaking as I levitated the bag and went back through to the living room. George and Fred were waiting for me and gave me a soft smile. I was so thankful that they were letting me live with them. It was only a two bedroom, but George bunked in with Fred and I took his room.

We quickly left after that so I wouldn't bump into Nathan. When we apparated back to the twins flat George helped me put my bags in my - his - room. I quickly unpacked everything with my wand and smiled in satisfaction. I finally had gotten away from him. After all the years together, I was finally away from him.

As I had the rest of the afternoon left and I didn't start teaching again until October I decided to go shopping for anything I would need. Luckily, I had kept the money that I had earned from the shop rather than putting it in our joint account. I knew that I would have lost a lot of money as I dare not take it out of the account, but with my new promotion I would be able to make up for it. Plus, money never really bothered me. We didn't grow up with many galleons, but the love shared in the house made up for it.

I made sure I had my Gringotts key in my handbag as well as my purse and anything else I would need. I put a non-detectable extension charm on my bag and made my way down into the shop. Fred and George were helping customers left and right. I quickly went up to George who happened to be the twin nearest to me.

"Hey Georgie, I'm just popping out to get some supplies for teaching. I will still be in Diagon Alley though."

"Alright Evie, I'll see you later. Oh, and Lee is coming round later for dinner."