Rise of the Shadows of Clawdeen

Gabriel sat alone at the end of the bar listening to the sickening fun and frivolity of the crowd, chanting something about marriage or brides or whatever he didn't particularly want to know or care about. The majority of Purrsia was beside themselves celebrating the nuptials of the General of the Purrsian army and his lovely Magicat wife, he growled as he looked at the tapestry banner hanging above the bar and raised his glass to it,

"Cheers to you", as he chugged down his drink, then he slammed his glass on the bar.

"ANOTHER!", he shouts as he waves his finger in the air.

When the bartender didn't immediately come, Gabriel looked down the bar and saw the bartender chatting up a group of ladies, the silly oaf had them all giggling.

"HEY! I SAID I WANT ANOTHER DRINK". Gabriel turned and nearly tumbled off the stool.

The bartender must have made some snide remark, that had the girls covering their mouths as they looked at Gabriel, as he made his way to Gabriel's end of the bar he threw his hand towel onto his shoulder, "You know what buddy, I think you've had enough".

Gabriel growls and points a drunken claw at the bartender, "I'll tell YOU when I've had enough!"

The bartender leans over the bar, "Maybe you didn't hear me".

Gabriel gets ready to stand up until he feels a hand on his shoulder forcing him to sit back down, "Forgive my friend, he's having a rough day", came a rough but charming voice.

"Make sure he stays out of trouble", The bartender said as he eyes Gabriel once more before leaving.

Gabriel turns to give the stranger a mouthful for intervening and immediately locks eyes with a tall well dressed pink lion with the most impressive mane he had ever seen, the pink lion gave him a half smile, those emerald green eyes looked familiar but he couldn't quite remember why.

"Gabriel, Gabriel, Gabriel, What has become of you?". The pink lion sat down next to him.

Gabriel scoffed, "I didn't need your help, everything was under control", as he stared at himself in the mirror over the bar, his eyes wandered over to the pink lion and he frowned, "Hang on, how do you know my name?".

The pink lion laughed as he played with a small blue and white bracelet on his wrist, "I figured you wouldn't remember me after all these years, but I remember you".

Gabriel tried his best to concentrate and focus his eyes, the faint blue and purple stripes on the pink lion's fur came into focus and that was all the prompt his mind needed before being flooded with his young memories of his trips to Half-Moon with Tao, where they would visit the young princess who was always with her best friend, a pink lion with emerald eyes. Gabriel's eyes widened as he realised who the pink lion sitting next to him was.

"Clawdeen?!",

The pink lion gave a hearty laugh and gently slapped Gabriel a couple of times on the cheek, "Close enough old friend, My name is Clawdius".

Gabriel gave Clawdius a half smile, "Considering how close you and Neara are I'm guessing you're here like everyone else and celebrating the newlyweds?".He watched as Clawdius flinched at the name,"...or maybe not".

"Let's not talk about her", Clawdius said in a deep monotone.

"So you've come to drown your sorrows with me?". Gabriel said trying to lighten the mood, it worked because Clawdius gave a soft laugh as pulled his seat closer to Gabriel.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea, who knows if we share some stories we might have more in common than you think", Clawdius gave Gabriel a mischievous smile.

Gabriel wasn't entirely sure what Clawdius meant by that, but if it involved a shared hatred towards Neara then his earlier foul mood had turned around and this night was going to be an interesting one.