9

Megan

I go through my mail as we get situated in our cell. Beyoncé sits on the ground in front of my bed and goes through her mail like a little kid on Christmas. I would invite her onto my bed but it's not allowed.

Not tryna get in trouble as I have my court date approaching.

I received an envelope from Kehlani where she talks about her week and encompasses pictures of her and Lilith. There's also another letter from my friends Ámala and Christiana but I'll get to that in a second.

Haven't told them much about my case but they've expressed their choice words towards Shawn. I know my friends will be here to love and support me when I get out and as I recover from his actions.

They were shocked but not as shocked to see that he did me this way. In Kehlani's words "I expected something a lot more watered down, but he has balls to accuse you of murder..."

"Who's that?" Beyoncé asks curiously.

She sets her letter to the side.

I answer with a smile, "My friend and her baby."

"Aww." She slightly smiles.

While her attention is on the pictures I steal a couple of seconds to admire her smile. It really is perfect.

"Yeah, she's so cute and sweet."

"Yo friend cute too."

I lean back and pretend to be offended, it's not a lie though, Kehlani is gorgeous, "So you hittin on my friend now?"

She chuckles, "What? I can't state someone's beauty?"

I playfully shove her then her face turns to terror.

"What?"

Then I see it too. In the envelope right behind it I see my new lawyer's name and Shawn's.

"You know a Shawn Carter? Like shaved hair, might be a little taller than 6 foot, like 26, 27 or so?" Beyoncé says looking at it.

I nod and freeze. My ass drops to the ground.

"He's my ex."

Her eyes close and she covers her eyes.

"T-that's my cousin."

It infuriates me this time. Shawn has gotten away with more than I thought. Just with that I can assume that maybe he took a big part in Beyoncé's arrest.

"Don't tell me he's the reason you in here too." I voice it before I stop to think if I should say it.

She pauses and closes her eyes looking down.

That nigga.

"That nigga needs to be in jail. Open it up to see what he said." Beyoncé is definitely pissed.

I open because I'm just as intruigued. He's got balls to be trying to write me after what I told him.

"C'mere."

Beyoncé leans over me and reads. Her breath speeds up in anger. I turn to see her light skinned ass red as a truck. I'm not gonna tell her to calm down because she's completely in right to be mad. The time you do for murder charges is nothing to play with.

He must've set her up the same way he did me.

The letter entails more details that he revealed to my lawyer that my lawyer has now sent to me. A letter in his own writing.

My hands go limp as I'm reading and I'm sure my eye is twitching. I feel like I'm gonna fall out while reading this. Or at least trying to read this. Nigga's all over the damn place.

"Megan..."

I'm tense. He just admitted to everything in detail.

He's owned the guns since he graduated (I knew that already), got laid off from work (I knew this too) and went after the CEO of the company he previously worked for. Forced him to lead him to the money and give him codes and killed him. Came home unsure of how to get rid of evidence and used me as a scapegoat while he got caught sloppily trying to tamper with security cameras.

I'm angry he did this but I'm joyful that something in him clicked to tell me and the lawyer the truth.

"Megan." I turn to see Beyoncé look at me worried, her brows furrowed and her hand inches away from my shoulder.

"Hmm?"

"He admitted... so you might get out sooner, there's—-"

It hits me now. There's nothing more up in the air when it comes to me. My name is cleared, the suspect is found.

I watch her mouth move and focus on her expression which I can't quite make out.

"Megan."

"What?" I respond and look back as much as I can.

"You zoned out, I said what do you think about him... writ in' this to you?" She asks, a semi-smirk popping up on her face.

If I'm reading her right, maybe she's thinking what I'm thinking.

I'm honest, "Shocked and grateful."

I flip to the next page my lawyer sent me. He's not in prison yet, but is being interrogated as he's stated no more but knows more. I'm still gonna go to court because falsely accusing me may be another charge he's gonna be hit with. Obstruction of justice or something.

"Yeah shocked and grateful."

Immediately my mind goes to Beyoncé, though. Even if she can't get out immediately what will become of her? There must be a way to get him to pay for the way he got her locked up too. Make him take all the hits at once.

Now I just need to know what he did to Beyoncé. She doesn't seem to be the type to hurt a fly, much less murder. Maybe a car crash? They drove recklessly while on something and he left her there after realizing he killed? Freak accident?

My mind goes haywire trying to come up with possibilities instead of just asking Beyoncé. Maybe I won't ask her, I'll just keep this as much of a happy moment as possible.

Her hand finally makes it to my shoulder and she lays her pretty ass chin on my shoulder and looks at me with a smile. My heart thumps for her.

If I'm leaving I need to make sure Beyoncé gets her justice out of this as well.

Since I've met her and spent 3 months living with her I find it hard to imagine a future without Beyoncé whether we're friends or even more than that. The woman has helped me so much and she deserves happiness of some kind whether she gets exonerated or a sentence reduction. Something.

"Listen." Beyoncé says. She points to the sentence stating that I'll be going to court. "Air him out. Look him in the eyes when you do it too. And give him a few choice words for putting you in here, everything. Return the energy he did to you."

I nod. Imma do it for her too. He had balls doing this to more than one person.