𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐘/𝐍 𝐋/𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 silently on the bar stool, mindlessly taking sips out of her bitter drink that was much too strong for her. 

how she got into the bar in the first place was out of question. her father knew people, who knew people, who knew people, which eventually caused the girl to do pretty much whatever she pleases to do to in this town.

the town she lived in was a small place in california, right by crescent city. being small was no con to how powerful the town could be though, thanks to y/n's father, of course. he had connections and was a very well respected man. being so respected came with a lot of positives to y/n.

except the only negative being he had full control over her. which was terrible, the girl was a 19 year old woman, just shy of 20. she was an adult who couldn't even make decisions for herself.

yes, it was indeed, truly terrible.

it's why she found herself at the bar tonight... for her to self reflect on herself.

growing up with little control over yourself causes you to realize how much you've missed in life. for god sakes, the girl was already having a midlife crisis only at the age of 19.

she was engaged to a man she did not want to marry, was stuck in this dreadful city, and wasn't even allowed to make her own friends.

the girl felt so alone.

as she was reflecting on this a man entered the bar, siting on the stool right beside her.

the sudden, abrupt movement of the stool broke y/n out of her thoughts, causing the girl to glance to her side.

y/n's pov.

i looked to my right to see a man beside me, ordering a drink for himself. i couldn't help myself, i was fixated on his strange yet mysterious look.

he couldn't have been older then 25, his youthful yet mature face proved that. his plump lips and sharp jawline flattered me, making butterfly's appear in my stomach.

i lightly bit my lip as i studied his features, the man must've noticed 'cause he turned to me with a scowl on his face.

"what the hell are you looking at?"

i blinked a couple times, partially being caught off guard and the other part of me being even more intrigued with his voice. it had some rasp and edge to it, it seemed like certain words he pronounced sounded deeper then the others.

i wasn't infatuated by this, not even obsessed. i was just simply captivated.

i smiled at him, trying to hold my dominance. i pointed behind him at the clock on the wall, "i'm trying to tell the time but your big head's in the way."