𝟑. 𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐄, 𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄

miles's pov. // ( chapter inspiration from 'everything sucks' and the max and billy scene from stranger things )

𝐘/𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐔𝐏 hella early this morning.

i sure hope she isn't going to be this annoying and a pain in my ass the entire time but whatever. i'll get over it. i mean... she's still super hot, at least. it makes up for her bitchy personality.

but don't worry, i'm not going to use her for my own pleasure without her knowing it. as blunt as it is, i have no real interest in her.

the drive to los angeles began with a half empty gas tank, not very smart on my behalf but i kinda have my hands full.

i looked over to y/n who had her head resting on the window, her eyelashes fluttering every few seconds.

i don't know what had gotten into me but it was like i was having a staring match with her figure, her eyes never darted back to look at me but i couldn't pull myself away from her. 

something about this girl was really captivating. i think it's mostly just because i lack any emotional or romantic connection to anyone and now that another living being is sitting right next to me my body doesn't really know how to react.

her eyes finally caught mine and she squinted with judgment at the sight of mine. i quickly looked away, my eyes back on the road but she had already noticed.

"what the hell are you looking at?" her voice croaks, hoarse from not speaking much.

i lick my lips and glance back at her, "i'm trying to see where the next gas station stop is but your big head is in the way."

"hey, that's my line."

i smirk at her and then pull over to the nearest exit to find a gas station, "we need gas."

"mkay."

"it's best if you stay in the car."

"alright."

i pull up to the gas station place and park by the petrol pump.

"miles?"

"hmm?"

"can i go in, please? i need some fresh air." she calmly voices.

i shake my head and sigh, "no, we're not taking any chances."

"then what's the disguise for?"

"so you can look all hot and sexy." i sarcastically smile, "obviously, it's so you don't get us caught."

she leans back in the car seat, a smile creeping up her face, "you are really confusing, miles fairchild."

i glare at her, puzzled, "what do you mean?"

"oh nothing." she teases, "it's just one moment you're cold, the next you're hot."

"what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

she shrugs, a playful tone in her voice, "it's like you're on your man period or something. one second, you're all flirty. the next you just want to be left alone."

"i'm not a teenage boy, i can control my hormones."

"is that so?"

i falter for a second at her suggestive comments... it was like she was trying to make a move on me. her smug smirk and twinkling eyes proved that.

i turn away from her, nervously gulping as i unbuckle my seat belt. a hand caught my arm as i was about to open the car door, y/n leaned over closer to me, her daring self striked me in a cunning way.