Chapter 14 Memories

Y/N's POV

I hesitated if I should meet them or not. "I'm too tired to figure this out" I thought to myself, flinging myself onto my futon. As my eyes grew tired, they started to close leading me to a peaceful slumber. I woke up the next day and dressed into what I wore the other day. As I was walking down to the destination, I sensed something or someone waiting for me. Just in case, I put my dominant hand on the hilt of my katana in defense. As I got closer, I saw a familiar checkered green and black Haori and some velvet red hair.

»Nobody's POV

Y/N couldn't quite put her finger on who it was yet.

"You came !" Tanjiro said, dashing over to the (h/c) girl.

"Could you please remind me about who you are again please?" the girl said, backing away slightly being uncomfortable being with someone she couldn't recognize.

"I'm Kamado Tanjiro and I never knew this before but....I think you're my sister."

Y/N stood there for a bit, those words still ringing in her head, I think you're my sister, think you're my sister, you're my sister. Playing in their head on loop like a broken record, suddenly she felt a sharp pain on the side of her head. Flashes of herself and the Kamado family started to play in her mind, as her memories came back one by one. Time felt as if it moved slowly as tears came to her face. Tanjiro frantically swarmed around his sister, panicking since his newly refound sister just stood there frozen in a daze. It took a few moments but Y/N finally snapped out of her flashbacks and lunged at the poor boy into a tight hug.

Y/N's POV

All my old memories were playing in my head like a speed up movie. Moments of Tanjiro and my family felt so nostalgic to me, even during the bad memories like how I burned the wood Tanjiro finished cutting. Once the 'movie' ended, I leaped, more like lunged, at Tanjiro into a hug.

"I remember ! I remember you, Nezuko, Father, Everyone !" I cried with joy, as I felt warm tears coming down my cheeks of joy.

"I finally remember what happened, I finally found what I was looking for, my past..."

Tanjiro pulled me back into a warm and comforting embrace, rubbing circles on my back. Suddenly I felt another pair of arms wrap around the both of us, I looked up to see two gradient pink coloured eyes with slight slits as pupils.

"You- You remember u-us Y-Y/N-chan" the girl I recognized as Nezuko said with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, yes I do remember Nezuko I remember" I said, snuggling into their embrace enjoying the moment.

We were headed to the Ubuyashiki estate to tell my adoptive father about my memories when I decided to strike a conversation.(Something I'm not good at so please bare with me)

"So Tanjiro-kun, what happened to everyone else while I was gone?" I asked.

I saw the sudden change in Tanjiro's expression to a sad and dull one compared to his usual up-beat facial expression.

"Well... I don't know how to say this but... They're gone, they got attacked by Muzan." Tanjiro said, as his expression dimmed more along with his hands clenched into fists.

Muzan.....killed everyone.....? I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. He took away my family and the people who waited for me for years. I gritted my teeth at the news. We kept walking in silence, before we knew it we had arrived at our destination. We walked up to the patio of my adoptive father's estate where we found him sitting there, almost as if he was waiting for us.

"Good morning Otosan" I said, kneeling down in front of him.

Somehow, it feels weird now to call him Otosan since now I remember that my father is long gone. My train of thought was interrupted when I heard someone call my name repeatedly.

"Y/N? Are you feeling well?" Kagaya said, as Tanjiro proceeded to wave in front of my face.

"Ah yes I'm feeling well what were you saying again Kagaya-sama?"

"Well we decided to start Hashira training and we would like you to take part in it." Kagaya announced with a soft smile resting on his pale face.

"I will take part in anything as long as it helps the Corps to stop Muzan."

"Perfect, you won't be taking part of it you will help train the lower ranks and I would like you to practice your Sun Breathing ability more since it would be more effective against Muzan." Kagaya explained.

"Wait you can also do Sun Breathing Y/N-chan?" Tanjiro asked with a surprised look on his face.

"Now before you ask her to many questions, someone wants to see her. You have been excused Tanjiro." Kagaya said, raising his hand, signalling Tanjiro to leave.

"So who wanted to meet me Kagaya-sama?"

"He will enter shortly." Kagaya responded as he got up to go back into his room. (With the help of the twins.

I was left alone there until I felt a tap on my shoulder...

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys Author-chan here ! I'm sorry I had this chapter done in a rush for you guys and I'm quite busy with finals this week and next week.

Also summer is coming up so idk if I'll be able to write any new chapters so yeah.

Enjoy this cliff hanger until like in 3 months or so.

Bye Bye~

- Author-chan

911 words

Published : June 6th 2021 10:30pm