Chapter 9: Memories of the Past (3)

Warning: This chapter may contain triggering content for some readers. Read at your own discretion.

When you opened your eyes, you could only see darkness. You blinked furiously and attempted to bring your hands to your face, only to realize that your hands had been bound behind your back. You struggled desperately against the rope binding your hands together. Your heart raced. What was going on? What was happening? You would have screamed if it weren't for the cloth covering your mouth. You had been knocked out, bound, and stuffed into a bag, which you could feel swaying as someone carried you.

You kicked your feet around, attempting to disable whoever had kidnapped you. A sudden force struck you across the face from the outside of the bag.

"Stay still or you'll get worse than that," the angry voice of Jack snapped.

You stilled.

Romero. Jack. Ash. How could they have done this to you?

You shut your eyes tightly, tears rolling down your cheeks.

I'm scared...someone. Please.

But there was no one to save you now. Those three were the only ones you had. And they had betrayed you. No...they had never been yours to lose from the start.

"Sh*t," you heard Ash mutter, "Romero, what do we do?"

"That's the Survey Corps," Romero responded incredulously.

Survey Corps? What was that?

"What are they doing here?" Jack demanded, "what happened to the useless Military Police?"

"They're coming this way! Let's make a run for it!" Jack hissed.

"No. That makes us suspicious."

You kicked at the bag again. Maybe these Survey Corps people would notice!

"No funny business now, (Name)," Ash said in a hushed voice, "or you'll regret it later."

"I won't regret it if I escape, first," you snapped back, or...at least you tried to, although you doubted they could hear your retort.

"Good day," you heard Romero's once pleasant voice, "what brings the esteemed Survey Corps underground?"

Your heart pounded in your ears. This was your last chance to escape. Who knew what they would do to you if you didn't?

You brought your foot back and swung forward as hard as you could. To your pleasure, you heard a grunt from Jack, who staggered slightly from the force of your kick. You jerked your head back and writhed, trying to draw attention. You kicked out again and this time, Jack dropped the bag. You continued to struggle, attempting to escape.

"To answer your question," the same unknown voice said, "we came here to catch a fugitive with our equipment. However, it seems we have discovered a few more criminals."

"Cr*p," Jack cursed before you heard his footsteps against the ground. Two more pairs of footsteps followed as the three boys fled.

Still, you didn't stop trying to escape the bag. Suddenly, the bag was wrenched open and you stared desperately into a striking pair of blue eyes. The mysterious blonde haired man held you by the shoulders as he helped you stand. Silently, he untied the rope binding your hands behind you back. You ripped the cloth away from your mouth and dropped it to the ground, rubbing your wrists, which bore raw rope marks. You stared at the blood-streaked marks that were sure to leave scars.