Chapter 5

i am so sorry for not uploading on friday (to the two people who are reading this so far) i'm uploading two chapters today. 

When I woke up I got dressed and went to get checked in, there wasn’t much of a line so I went straight in and Gene was waiting for me. As I sat down on the bed he asked. “How are you?”

“I’m fine; I don’t know what I’m going to do every day.”

“What do you mean?”

“I used to spend every day with Derek but know he’s always with Red.”

“Is he going to in your house or is he going to stay in the orphanage?” He asked as he picked up the needle.

“I don’t know, I been avoiding Red this morning after what happened yesterday.” I said as he drew my blood. Then he set the needle back where he got it.

“Did he tell Derek?” he asked as I got off the bed.

“Not that I know of,” I knew he was talking about me being Derek’s mom.

“If you need anything just come find me.”

“Okay.” I said then started to leave but stopped. “Where do you live?”

“There’s a building where all the doctors stay it’s an old apartment building, it’s on the other side of the school. I’m on the third floor room twelve.” I left and went home; today I had the hardest chore, scrubbing floors.

Everyone does something every day so the house is never dirty. You would think living in a post-apocalyptic world you wouldn’t have to clean. I scrubbed floors for the next couple hours then went to meet Derek.

 Derek was at the park but with Red; through all of this I never felt like I wanted to cry more than right now.

Instead of walking over, I walked to the mess hall got my food then left. I walked back to my house and went straight to my room. I sat at the head of my bed with my legs crossed; I putted my food in front of me on the mattress and put my face in my hands. I didn’t touch my food I didn’t even know what it was.

I don’t know how long I sat there, maybe an hour or two. I must have fallen asleep because my food was moved. I got off my bed and walked into the main room and found Sam dusting.

“Sam what are you doing here?”

“I’m doing my chores.”

“Did you move my food off my bed?”

“No, that guy you’re seeing stopped by about a half an hour ago. He said he was worried about you and wanted to make sure you were okay. Did you know that guy’s a helper?”

“I’m not seeing him, and yes I knew he’s assigned to me.” I told her, do people have nothing better to do than to talk about my life. I went back to my room grabbed my lunch and my book and read while I ate. When I was done I looked at my clock and it was already six.

I went outside and walked around for a while and found myself walking towards the school. I’ve never been to the other side of the school me and Derek usually avoided the school altogether.

The other side only had big buildings. There was no one walking around here; on the other side you would see someone after a while, not here, there was no one. There was the same dead or over grown grass everywhere; it kind of creped me out.

I found the building Gene was talking about it had a sign (that had probably seen better days) in front saying it was the “Falls Apartments”. I walked to the door and looked through the window to make sure no one was in there. I didn’t want to get in trouble for being somewhere I didn’t even know I wasn’t supposed to be. I walked in the door, found the stairs and left the door propped open so I could see where I was going. I went up three floors and opened the door onto the third floor. There were twenty doors on the floor; I walked down the hall until I found room twelve. The door like all of the rest on the floor was light brown with gold numbers that the paint was starting chipping away.