Chapter 7 - Sweet Girl

It was days before school was starting again. Maya smiled looking at her baby sister who was barely four days old while she slowly placed her back into her bassinet going to the front. Her parents were sleeping themselves while Maya just fed Phoenix a bottle. Smiling she went put of the apartment as she got into her 1963 Mercury Comet convertible. Driving through the streets of New York while the sun was still burning bright became something Maya could never give up on. She and Josh have been so madly in love the last two weeks that she can't believe it was ending. Maya smiled as she parked her car in front of NYU getting out as she immediately saw some guys hovering over her.

"And who's summer piece are you?"

Maya looked at the gut as she shook her head running up the stairs of the building as she went into the college dorms. Knocking on the door Brad opened up as Maya smiled.

"Hey, Brad. Josh in his room?" Maya asked.

"Yeah he is. Go ahead. Doesn't help stopping you. Just don't multiply please," Brad said as Maya went down the hallway.

"Hey, Josh," Maya said as he smiled whet she sat at his desk busy going over some college stuff.

"Hello, Beautiful," Josh said giving Maya a kiss as she sat down on his bed.

"How are things with Phoebe? She rough?" Josh asked as Maya shook her head while he looked at her.

"She's peaceful. Luckily. According to my mom I was a horrible baby when I was born. Cried constantly, never wanted to eat, never wanted to sleep."

"Sounds like a baby. I bet you were a sweet girl," Josh said as Maya smiled.

"Only you would say that. What is it with the college boys over here? They constantly think I'm just somebody's summer piece," Maya said.

"Probably Drake. Don't take much notice to him. He thinks if he sees a girl who looks like she's still in high school it's someone who is trying to just have fun with college guys. All of them actually think the exact same thing," Josh said.

"It's a miracle how I ended up falling head over heels in love with a 19-year-old college guy," Maya said.

"But lucky for me since you're the best thing that has ever happened to me," Josh said as he kissed Maya.

"Likewise. I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for you. I love you," Maya said.

"And I love you," Josh said taking Maya into his arms passionately kissing her.