Chapter 8

After the so called incident, Leah couldn't have one sleepless night. She can't stop thinking about that kiss. It was too enchanting to be forgotten. Her empty weekend was filled with every thought of Lucas and his kiss. And, not to be forgotten, the 'L+L' carving on Cupid - yes, the old tree name is Cupid.

It's some stupid name Kim came up with. She's cheezy.

Noticing that she didn't seem like herself, her mother had Leah to call Kim to pick her up. In fact, the entire household noticed the oddness on Leah. She was so bedazzled that she did not seem human at all.

"What's up with you?" Asked Kim as she is driving both of them to school. Leah has not say anything to her and all she did was stare outside the window.

And Kim knows that Leah's hiding something from her. She hasn't say a word since she hoped in and she has been avoiding Kim's eyes. When they arrived at the school compound, Kim left the door locked. Leah shrugged and unlock the door herself. Only to have Kim to lock it back. This situation continues until Leah gives up.

Kim stares at her for a long time, waiting for Leah to blurt it out. "I went out with Lucas the other day. We're having a school tour." She breathed heavily in defeat. Deep inside both of them know that none of them could held anything away from each other.

"I showed him everything. Including the tree -" Kim evil-eyed her. "Okay fine. CUPID. I showed him Cupid and....he carved our initials there. Well, at least I THOUGHT it was our intials."

"Lord, Leah! Of course it has to be your initials! I mean, who else would it be?!" Kim shrieked. Leah opens her mouth and shut it again. "Ok there's gotta be something else. Spill."

"He... I.. We k-kissed." And Kim just burst.

Kim did not make her day easier. When she told Gwen and Natalia, they went balistic about it. All of the sudden, they are a bunch of crazy girls that can't stop giggling and talking.

Class did not go smoothly either. Her classes majorly stuck with these girls. Worst all of her class today has the either all or one of the girls in. She couldn't barely notices that someone has been keeping a close eye at her.

Smiling, he can't stop thinking how radiant she looks from afar. She shines. 'That idiot missing all this while wasting his time being a chicken.' He thought. Looking once more at Leah Stephanie-Elaine Knightly, he couldn't help himself but to grin. 'But, I'm glad I'm doing this.'

The lunch table is crowded than usual since Gwen decided to formally introduced her boyfriend, Josh Kragen. He's cool, that wasd the first thought Leah has for him. Thus, he's the opposite from Jackson. He's so much more... Active. He's cheerful and talkative. Therefor, it's good to conclude that he's cool.

"Hey." Leah turned around and saw Lucas standing behind her. 'Is it me, or this guy actually gets hotter every single day?' She's right. Lucas stood there inhumanely gorgeous than all the guys in this school - more than the Armani suited models on the runway and a percent less than an angel.

To be rated at such in a plain tee and navy blue pants? He sure is something. "Hey." Leah replied. Shaky. 'Nice. Now he knows I'm the idiot who can't stop thinking about that kiss.' She mentally slap herself.

Lucas was about to say something to Leah when Josh jumps in and stole Lucas away from her. Kim is clearly annoyed. She's waiting for a good part and Josh just snatched the opportunity away. Done with Josh, he returns his original attention to Leah. "Can we talk fo-"

He was cut by a beautiful long hair brunnette who linked her arm around his. She smiled. Startled, he smiled back. Though hiding badly the fact that he is looking at her and Leah back and forth uncomfortably. Leah tries her very best to keep her usual composed self as well. Aside from her and the two clueless guys sitting on their table, the other's expressions are just priceless.

Kim was frowning, thinking, 'What the hell is this bitch doing?' While Natalia can't hide her awkward face while nudging the jaw-dropped Gwen with her elbow. "Err.. Ummm.. Well.. This is -"

"Hi. I'm Quinn." She reached out her hand to Leah. She shooked it. "Lucas' girlfriend." She added joyly.

*Oh my God. Lucas has a girlfriend??!! How's Leah gonna feel about this whole situation? Wait up for the next chapter. Thank you for reading. Trully appreciates it.