Chapter 7

Lucas came as promised. He turn off the engine and get out of the car. He notice's a red convertible at the parking lot. 'That might be hers', he thought. The school is empty and much spacier than the usuals. Now he just need to find Leah.

He had just took out his phone from the pocket when he heard a voice. Mumbling, or more precisely humming a tune. Out of curiousity, he followed the sound which finally leads her to a room gated with a huge double doors. The sign was written, Student Council. Slowly open the door, he sees a figure of one person he was looking for.

Not even noticing his presence, she's doing her work - whatever it is - while listening to her iPod. He moved closer. Leah who's so atuned with her council paperworks. That's just how she is. She could not eat, get out or even care the outside world any more. While her only focus was on the papers and on her laptop, Lucas's is on her.

He's looking the way she reacts, she fidgets and even the way she touches her touseled hair. "Hye there." He finally said. She looks like he's taken ten years of her life out of her. "What the hell was that for?!" She yelled.

Smiled with amusement, he brushed his fingers across his perfect bronze hair. "I was waiting for you to finally realized I'm here." She mumbled something like, 'not funny'. She closes the files and slammed her laptop's screen shut before stuffing them into her huge bag. It must've been heavy, carrying those stuff around; he thought.

So he took the bag out of her reach and moved passed her. "Give me back my bag." She groaned. "Nope. We'll start this tour while I'll carry your things. Now please." He gestured at the door. "Ladies first." He added.

That actually makes any girl blushes. He helps with her crazy heavy bag, smile so daringly at her and ushers to the door? Is this guy even human?

"So, how shall we start this touring activity?" They went strolling from the council room, to the activities rooms - music chamber, art class, computer labs and such -, classes and laboratories, library, the gym, locker rooms, the office, field and finally the yard, where an old oak tree stands proudly - going through every summers and winters and falls and sprngs for the last 50 years.

"It's beautiful." Lucas breathed. Leah smiles, of course it is. "You know, this tree is said to be magical. Every couple name that was carved on this tree lasted forever." She said showing him the carvings of name and initials all sealed with a heart shape. "So do you believe in th whole magical tree thing?" Lucas asks her.

"I think so. I mean, I met the people who actually carved their name on this tree, married and lived happily together till the end of their lives."

Lucas gazed at her beautiful eyes as she speaks. She sparkles and proud of what she believes. This girl is lot more than something, he thought.

He stepped close to the tree and went to the bark of the tree where no one has yet carved anything on it. "What are you doing?" Leah asked. He ignores her and kept on doing.. Whatever he did that isn't visible to Leah's view.

"DONE!" He said cheery. He moved back to let Leah see what he just did. He was carving on the tree with a sharp rock he found. 'L+L'

Leah was shocked. 'L + L? What the heck?'

She tried to read that facial expression of his. What's his point in doing such? But all she sees is that naughty grin.

"You're ridiculous." She just said and compose herself. Maybe that means nothing to him. Maybe he's the type that likes to joke around. "I thing we should head home now. It's getting late." It's still noon and Leah's not in a rush to anywhere. She just don't want to spend more hours here with him. God knows what this guy will do to her non-stop leaping heart.

Lucas nods. He walked her to her car and put the bag that he's been carrying on the passanger seat. "Thank you for the tour."

"Thank you for even wanting to do this tour. I still think it's ridiculous." They held each other's gaze for a long time. Lucas closes the gap between them and sealed it with a surprising kiss.

Astonished, caught in surprise, but still, she responded to the kiss. His lips are as soft as an angel's kiss, she thought. That, and he's a great kisses. Every touch makes her want for more and beyond. Like no kiss she ever had before.

Her fingers enterwined with his hair and their body moves correspondingly. Getting a grip that is too far, Lucas broke the kiss slowly. Out of breath, he murmured, "That's a good kiss." Hmm, Leah hums, bitting her lower lip.

Releasing her grasp on him, she took a step back, look into his entoxicating brown eyes and breathe. "Sorry." And she drives away.

"This. Is. Insane!" She screamed as she drives 90km/h through the empty weekend street. And yet she knows, this is the one kiss she'll never forget. Like. Ever.