⎯⎯ Millard and Beatrice, ft. Aerron's Ego

★ kee speaks i'm not translating the swear words lmao

edit, may 4 2:thirty-fucking-five am: if anyone comments on how i changed kids to children i will fucking bite you 

I made a sour face. "What? Why?"

"Just go, like to another table or something!"

"Why?" RenRen asked again.

"You and 'Ana have to go, come on!"

I groaned when he said my nickname, but left the table anyway. RenRen muttered a "come on" and pulled me away. We stood at the other side of the room now, looking through the glass wall that faced the street. A banana-yellow car passed by, one that looked like my classmate's.

RenRen was distracted with something on the floor; a loose tile.

I cleared my throat. "So are we um—bati na ba tayo?" ("Did we make up already?")

He shrugged, still avoiding my eyes. "I guess so?"

I leaned forward, pressing my hands on the glass then patting his curly hair. "Yes or no?"

He smacked my hand away. "Yes, alright? It's real. We're doing a lot of things, and we're not getting out of it anytime soon. Sorry for fighting. You. Fighting you."

I was a little troubled with the "not getting out of it" part, but I smiled and said, "Yeah. Sorry. And um, getting out of it? Is that supposed to be a bad thing or a good thing?"

"In between?"

"You're so vague," I muttered. "But then again, I think it's in between, too."

"We'll see later, with Beatrice and Millard."

"Yep. I hope so."

Back at our table, a group of boys sat down and greeted Aerron with croaky voices and sweaty hands. RenRen told me to shut up and listen before I could do it to him.

"Sinong kasama mo?" ("Who are you here with?")

"Is it Philip?" One of them asked. We watched as Aerron tensed up, saying, "No, babae." ("No, I'm with a girl.")