004. the devil makes an appearance

⌜ 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 ⌝
ᵗᵒᵐ ᵐᵃʳᵛᵒˡᵒ ʳⁱᵈᵈˡᵉ

⌜ 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 ⌝ᵗᵒᵐ ᵐᵃʳᵛᵒˡᵒ ʳⁱᵈᵈˡᵉ

(🥀)═══ CHAPTER FOUR
❝ the devil makes an appearance ❞

"Where are we headed to?" Mazikeen inquired as Abraxas maneuvered through the bustling crowd of Diagon Alley.

"Florean Flortescue's ice cream shop, of course!" Abraxas declared.

Mazikeen blinked in confusion. "Whatever for?" she frowned.

"I spotted my mother entering the shop whilst you were busy turning Ollivander's shop upside down," he replied.

"It wasn't my fault, blame the wand he gave me," Mazikeen scowled. "Besides, I only rattled a few boxes— Oh! Slow down, would you?"

"Can't!" Abraxas snickered as he quickened his pace.

"You're going to send someone flying to the floor," she warned, her brows furrowed, but he paid little attention to what she had to say.

Caught up in the bustling crowd, Abraxas inadvertently collided with a person no taller than the both of them. He shot a sheepish look back at Mazikeen, who sighed in mild exasperation.

"I told you so," Mazikeen hummed and caught a fleeting glimpse of pale skin and dark hair.

Artemis suddenly rattles her bag in distress.

Before she could process more than a glance, Abraxas swiftly tugged her away, weaving through the sea of wizarding folk.

Mazikeen pulled back, trying to get a better look, but Abraxas tugged harder. "Who was that?" she said.

"No idea," he shrugged. "Probably just another first-year getting their school supplies."

"You could have at least apologized," she stated, her annoyance clear, but her words fell on deaf ears.

As Abraxas and Mazikeen entered Florean Fortescue's ice cream shop, the sweet scent of various magical flavors greeted them.

Abraxas, still in high spirits, scanned the cozy establishment.

The quaint shop boasted walls adorned with whimsical depictions of magical creatures enjoying frozen delights. The air was filled with the sweet aroma of various spell-infused flavors, from butterbeer to chocolate cauldron. Delicate chandeliers hung from the ceiling, casting a warm glow over polished wooden tables and cozy booths.