007. honking daffodils

⌜ 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 ⌝
ᵗᵒᵐ ᵐᵃʳᵛᵒˡᵒ ʳⁱᵈᵈˡᵉ

⌜ 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 ⌝ᵗᵒᵐ ᵐᵃʳᵛᵒˡᵒ ʳⁱᵈᵈˡᵉ

(🥀)═══ CHAPTER SEVEN
❝ honking daffodils ❞

In the crisp morning air, Mazikeen strolled alongside Abraxas and Alphard -who had patiently waited for her in the common room- towards the Great Hall, her thoughts veering back to the previous evening.

As they traversed the corridors, she recalled yesterday's hushed conversations among her fellow first-year housemates when the prefect had gestured towards the staircase that led to the girl's dormitory. Everyone had turned to look at her, the realization settling like a pebble in a pond, she was the only witch in their year sorted into Slytherin.

As they neared the entrance to the Great Hall, Abraxas noticed her thoughtful expression. "Is everything alright?" he inquired, a hint of concern coloring his words.

Mazikeen nodded, a faint smile playing on her lips. "Just reflecting on last night," she replied, frowning. "It wasn't until I had entered my dorm room that it dawned upon me that I was alone."

Abraxas gave a reassuring smile. "I reckon I'd prefer a vacant dorm over a crowded one any day," he said and Alphard nodded in agreement.

"I suppose so," she chuckled, appreciating their attempt to lighten the mood. "Let's see how the day unfolds."

As they entered the Great Hall, the enchanted ceiling reflected a serene, bright sky. The buzz of chatter filled the air, punctuated by the occasional laughter and animated discussions among students. The long, candle-lit tables were adorned with the colors of the four houses, and the aroma of breakfast delicacies wafted through the hall.

The three of them walked up to the Slytherin table and took the seats they had occupied last night during the Sorting Ceremony. Abraxas and Mazikeen sat on one side of the table, facing the rest of the Hall, while Alphard sat across from them, his back to the rest of the tables.

As they settled into their seats, the trio exchanged eager glances. The tables were adorned with platters of sausages, bacon, eggs, and an assortment of morning delights.

Mazikeen reached for a polished silver pitcher of pumpkin juice and poured a glass for herself and the two wizards, while they took a moment to pass a plate of golden-brown toast to her.

The three friends eagerly served themselves, their plates adorned with a selection of breakfast offerings.

Meanwhile, one of the many professors that sat at the head table made his way towards the Slytherin table, several parchments in hand.