Chapter 55

On the bridge, a thick mist had enveloped it. Occasionally, a loud sound of metal hitting metal could be heard.

'' I missed. '' Zabuza said, he planned to attack Kakashi and stabbed his left eye, swiftly destroying the prized Sharingan, but Kakashi blocked the incoming kunai with his hands. Blood dropped to the concrete ground as the kunai had impaled his hand.

'' You might call me '' an unimaginative guy '', '' Kakashi grunted, '' but you're afraid of the Sharingan after all... Zabuza. ''

'' A shinobi's special technique isn't something you show to others that many time. '' Zabuza said, '' Otherwise, your enemies will use it to your disadvantage. ''

Looking behind, he could see a dome of ice mirrors made by Haku as it had trapped both Sasuke and Sai.

'' Even if you were able to defeat me, '' Zabuza continued, '' not even you or that blonde haired monster you brought along could defeat Haku. ''

' What? ' Sakura said in shock, she may not have not know Kakashi and Naruto for too long, but one thing was certain: Kakashi and Naruto are really strong. But for someone to be even stronger than both of them, she was really worried about Sasuke's safety.

'' Hahaha, not only that, her jutsu is even stronger than mine ! '' Zabuza exclaimed with gusto. '' That's the terrifying ability of a Kekai genkai. '' Pulling out his kunai from Kakashi's hand, he jumped a few feet behind, '' Unlike the scrap you carry around, I have the best tool ! ''

'' There is nothing boring than to listen a stranger bragging... '' Kakashi said, '' but it's time I make my move ! '' Kakashi pulled his forehead protector, revealing his Sharingan.

'' Ninja art, Hidden mist jutsu. '' As the surrounding fog became more dense, Zabuza disappeared with the mist.

'' Sakura stay with Tazuna ! '' Kakashi ordered Sakura, and she immediately went infront of the bridge builder, putting her gaurd up with a kunai in hand.

Kakashi's vision was obstructed by the thick mist that he failed to see an attack that landed on him, that knocked him a few feet away from his previous position.

' It's been a long time that I have been in a dangerous position. ' Kakashi thought, ' My gaurd is failing, I just need to think what his next move is.  ' Kakashi gasped in shock as he figured out what Zabuza planned. ' He's trying to separate me from Tazuna, so he could kill him. '

Behind Tazuna, Zabuza appeared, lifting his sword he slashed at Tazuna but Kakashi appeared before him and took the slash, earning a huge gash.

'' You really like to interrupt me don't you. '' Zabuza said, '' Looks like Haku will be done with your two brats. ''

Inside the ice dome, Sasuke and Sai were not in a good position. They were skewered all over, and their attacker was not slowing down.

' My eyes can now adjust to her speed. ' Sasuke had already activated his Sharingan, at first he could barely dodge the sebons but as time went by, his eyes could adjust to her speed.

'' I don't to waste my time with you anymore. '' Haku's voice echoed through the many ice mirrors she erected. '' I have to kill you now. ''

'' Sai, how many of those ink animals can you summon now ? '' Sasuke asked Sai.

'' I can still summon a few more, but my Chakra is almost depleted. '' Sai responded.

'' I need a distraction, you send those ink animals there and- watch out!!! '' Sasuke screamed at horror at the silhouette of Haku emerging from the ice mirrors behind Sai.