Chapter 51

[ Hidden Boss has been slain ]

[ You have leveled up ]

Kuromaru was exhausted. He was on his knees and the only thing that supported him was the War hammer that he was leaning on. The throne or whatever that was left of it was smashed beyond recognition and on the rubble, was the Hidden boss. Its skull, was smashed opened, ribs broken, and limbs crushed.

Defeating this boss was very difficult. But now it was time for the rewards. As its corpse turned into dust, Kuromaru looked at the loot.

There was a small vial containing a blood red liquid.

[ Supreme grade health potion has been obtained ]

'' Nice. '' said Kuromaru.

Then there was that War Axe.

[ Nameless War axe has been obtained. ]

'' Now what is this card like object. '' Kuromaru I inspected a black card that had a knight helmet engraved on both sides.

[ Host has obtained Job upgrade card ]

[ To access to the Job upgrade function, please crush the card. ]

After crushing the card, a new screen appeared.

[ Job class upgrade Available ]

[ Upgrade:    Tank > Viking ]

[ Proceed to Job upgrade ? ( Y/N) ]

Kuromaru took great precautions at the option he was given. He did not know what a Viking is, but even if he does upgrades his Job, he won't lose anything, because the word upgrade has a very positive meaning in it.

'' Yes ''

[ Job class has been Upgraded ]

[ Title passive has been upgraded:

    • Spiked shield of the Smiling demon ( Lv 1) :

             When ever the Host takes damage, 75% of the damage is stored and when Title passive is activated, the next basic attack will deal 100% of the stored damage as True damage. Max damage stored will not exceed 500.

    Damage stored:     0/500 ]

[ Passive can be upgraded ]

'' Well that a pleasant surprise. '' Kuromaru said. After the new found information, he was introduce with a new word.

'' System, what is this true damage? '' Kuromaru asked.

[ There are three kinds of damage: Physical damage, Magic damage, and True damage. Physical and Magic damage are pretty explanatory. True damage is a kind of damage that bypasses any kind of defense, whether it may be physical defense, or magic defense. ]

'' So basically, it's a damage type that fucks you up no matter how much armour you wear right. ''

[ Yes ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With Konohamaru...

Konohamaru dropped into a dimly lit corridor that resembled to that of European castle. The three of them gave a low whistle as the admired the location.

'' This is one cool castle. '' Shiro commented.

'' Look at those Chandeliers. '' Hester pointed at the beautifully crafted chandeliers that was hanging from the cellings.