KaiMaki

"I'm sorry guys...I've been lying to you all...the truth is...I saw Ouma earlier..."

"You saw Ouma?! Then that means he's in the exisal?"

"Yes Kiibo. He told me not to say a word but...I can't lie to you anymore! It's you hiding there right Ouma?"

"..."

"Everyone...please vote for Ouma. He's the-"

"I can't let you do that sidekick."

Out of the exisal, Kaito stepped out giving a big smile.

"If you guys vote wrong, then you'll all be punished! So...vote for the Luminary of the Stars!!"

"K-KAITO!!" Maki shouted. She was happy to see him, but she knew it wouldn't be like that for long. He would have to be punished.
"Kaito why?! Why would you do something like this!!"

After Kaito explained himself Maki already had tears in her eyes.

"Great explanation but let's get to the real fun!"

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"I won't let you kill him." Maki said grabbing the knife hidden in her sleeve. She never thought she would have to use it, but she can't let Kaito go.

"Makiroll..."

"You really want to defy me? You know what happens don't you~"

"I don't care!! I don't care what happens to me!! I'm not letting you kill him!"

"Makiroll let it be, it's not like I've got much time left anyway...I promise you'll be okay!"

"I won't Kaito!! Y-You're...You're the only person who's ever made me feel the way I do. I can't let you die! I...I love you Kaito."

"Makiroll...remember when I asked you what your enemy was? You thought you couldn't ever get close to someone because you hated yourself, so you assumed everyone else did too right? Well, you fell for a guy like me right? So you should learn to love yourself too! That means loving yourself without needing someone else to love you too."

Kaito hugged Maki and played with her hair as she held onto him tight.

"So since I'll be gone...you'll need to love yourself without me to love you, okay? Can you promise me that Makiroll?"

Maki took a deep breath before she slowly nodded as Kaito pulled away and wiped her tears.

"Alright Monokuma! Bring it on!"

"Alright! It's punishment time!!!"

"Kaito..." Maki whispered wiping away her tears.

~

Walking back to her room after the trial she couldn't stop the tears from falling. She kept telling herself over and over it was her fault. If she had done nothing, surely Kaito would've been alive right now, with her and Shuichi training.

"It's all my fault. IT'S MY FAULT DAMNIT!" She yelled smashing her fist on the mirror causing cracks to spread. As her tears fell she grabbed the knife she had and held it up to one of her pigtails. With no hesitation she chopped off her hair, and quickly did so to the other pigtail. Her long hair fell to the floor, and she was left with short pigtails.

After looking she felt some sort of relief flow through her. She dropped the knife to the floor and smiled slightly at herself in the mirror.

She left and quickly went to Kaito's dorm, it was locked. She didn't care though, she forced it open, and when she did she immediately went and laid down on his bed.

She took a breath.

"I'll try Kaito. Just...let me mourn for a bit." She said to herself closing her eyes and falling asleep.