Kokichi's birthday (Saiouma)

Kokichi stayed awake all night, not that he didn't already do that half the time. However, tonight it was for a good reason. Currently it was June 20th, 11:55 pm. Which meant, in 5 minutes it would be June 21st. His birthday.

Kokichi loved his birthday obviously, it was all about him. He always got gifts from dice, and even a birthday cake made just fit him. Yet, he was nervous about his birthday this year. Due to the dorms, and not being able to leave the campus because the stupid school thinks that should be a rule, he wouldn't get to celebrate with dice.

He had his friends though right? Well...in his eyes they were his friends...they probably hated him. Deciding not to worry he looked at the clock again. 11:59pm.

"One more minute!! Haha yes! I'll make sure this whole school knows! And I will be celebrated and treated like a king!!" He cheered excitedly.

12:00am.

"YEAAAA!!!" He yelled smiling and dancing around, doing his happy dance. Only a minute later he received a few messages, from dice of course.

"Happy birthday boss, we love ya!"

"You've got the best pranks you know, have a good day."

"I'M SO SAD WE CANT BE TOGETHER AHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"You're annoying sometimes, but still. Happy birthday." He read each of the messages out loud in their voices, pretending they were actually with him. When he finally got through all of them he sighed.

"I hate being alone..." he muttered, throwing his phone on his floor.

Kokichi flopped on his bed hugging his pillow. He knew this year wouldn't be nearly as fun as the others, all his classmates hated him. He knew that...but he still wanted to believe that maybe they were his friends.

"You've tormented my sidekicks but, everyone deserves to have fun on their birthday!! So happy birthday." He imitated in Kaito's voice.

"You haven't pissed me off enough to kill you yet, so congrats." He said in Maki's cold voice.

"Happy birthday Ouma. I-I hope you have fun." He said in Shuichi's awkward tone.

Letting out a yawn he started closing his eyes.

"Me too."

~

Kokichi regrets staying up late, he felt himself falling asleep every minute of class. He couldn't pay attention, and he wasn't as energetic as usual. He simply laid his head on his desk.

"This is a pretty crappy birthday..." he mumbled to himself.

"Oh Saihara! Do you know what today is?" Kokichi perked his head up when he heard Kaede ask the question, hoping she was talking about his birthday.

"Yea..it's-"

"My tryout for theater!"

"O-Oh right."

Kokichi sighed banging his head on his desk.

Why was he thinking about this so much. It was just his birthday, and it's not like everyone knew. Yet, he wanted to feel some sort of celebration. He was so used to dice always being with him by his side, that he was expecting some kind of company.

Everyone hated him though, so why would they even care.

He just wanted at least one person with him.

~

"Hey Ouma, there you are." Kokichi turned his head to see Shuichi running over to him.

"Oh Saihara! Why are you in such a hurry to talk to me?~"