SaiMota

Based on this TikTok Lol

Shuichi hid away behind his mom while she talked to the teacher. It was the first day of kindergarten and he wasn't ready to be all by himself.

"Hey little guy, what's your name?"

He took a glimpse at the teacher before he hid right back behind his mom.

"Come on sweetheart....she's nice."

"...S-Saihara S-Shuichi."

"What a nice name! Well then Saihara can you come into the classroom with me."

Shuichi shook his head before his mom picked him up.

"You'll be alright sweetheart! Momota is here too ya know?"

"Momota?"

She nodded and put him back down.

Shuichi feeling just a little more at ease, followed the teacher. However when he walked in and didn't see him anywhere he ran away from the teacher and went into a corner to hide.

He poked his head up when he felt a tap on his shoulder, but turned back away when it was some blonde girl.

"Hi there!! What's your name??"

"..."

"Hellllo???? Can you hear me?? Maybe I should yell...HELLOOO!!"

"D-Don't y-yell!" Shuichi said covering his ears as a small tear fell.

"I-I wanna go home with-" he tried talking to himself, but he stopped when he heard a familiar voice.

"No more waiting!! The hero, Momota Kaito is here!! Not only am I a hero...but I'm also gonna go to space one day!! I'm gonna be-"

"Momota!" Shuichi cheered running over to him and hugging him.

"Saihara! Oh yea!! This is my sidekick! Why don't you introduce yourself!!"

"Umm...I-I'm Saihara S-Shuichi..." he said, looking at Kaito with a small smile.

The teacher chuckled with a small smile.
"How cute!"

~

Shuichi put on his hoodie before stepping out the door. It was a little chilly, more then he thought.

"I should've brought gloves..."

"Don't you worry Saihara! Now that I, the hero, is here! I shall help you!!"

"Oh Momota. T-Thank you but my hands are cold so I'm not sure-"

Kaito simply grabbed Shuichi's hands and held them. Kaito had brought gloves, and Shuichi would be lying if he said it wasn't warm. Not just because the gloves, but because they were Kaito's hands holding his.

"W-What? Momota I'm fine really-"

"Nope! I've made it my mission to do whatever it takes to make you happy! B-Besides I...wouldn't mind holding your hand if you ever needed me too..."

Shuichi looked up at Kaito and saw the pink on his cheeks and his eyes looking anywhere but Shuichi. When they finally did reach Shuichi's eyes they stared for a moment before Shuichi turned away first, both their faces now pink.

"T-Thank you...Kaito."

Kaito smiled squeezing Shuichi's hands tighter.
"Anytime Shuichi."

~

"Saihara is just messing around! To lighten up the mood. You guys really think I could be the killer. I would never! Right Shuichi?" Kaede asked.

He had to be right. It's the only thing that connects the dots but...what if he's wrong?

He stayed silent and his breathing quicken. He was panicking.

He felt dizzy, and everything was spinning. He couldn't focus.

Where even is he.

What was happening.

He closed his eyes and tried to even his breathing but he relaxed when he felt a familiar hand wrapped around his.

Kaito.

When he felt calmed down he looked back at Kaede.

"No. Akamatsu is the culprit." He said. Before looking at Kaito for a moment with a tiny smile.

Kaito nodded back and squeezed Shuichi's hand tighter before letting go.

"Yea...Akamatsu's definitely the culprit."