Ch 41:Red Blades

"Ugh..My body hurts as if I been hit by a boulder.."

Pieces of broken wood were laying on my chest as I was laying in the rubble of the fortress, looking around, it was the city?

"One hour and a half until sunrise!!"The crow screams out, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Tch, so be it."I got up with my sore body, hearing noises as Muzan breaks out from the rubble, revealing his frustrated expression.

"Until sunrise?! Do you intend on keeping me here? Come and try it!"He roars out at us as we surround him.

Huge slashes come at us, wreaking everything in sight, including the buildings.

"Serpent breathing,Third Form."

"Love breathing,Second Form."

"Water Breathing,Eighth Form."

They first strike before the others could, Obanai landed a clean slash to his neck. However, his regeneration was just too fast for him to die just from beheading.

"Fall back!"Kyojuro yells when he took notice.

'It's too dangerous to be this close!'Giyuu internally screams at the realisation.

"Water breathing,Twelefith Form:Water Bubble."

The tentacles strike the 3 Hashiras, only to bounce off the water that surrounds them.

  'What's this? It's water but I can still breathe?'

The bubble gets propelled backwards after getting hit, sending them into the buildings but unharmed as it pops open as the force was too great to handle.

"Giyuu!"

"They should be fine."I place a hand on Sabito's shoulder.

They all look to see me, eyes widen at the sight of my state. Messy hair with bloodied torn clothing and my mask half-broken, leaving it to only cover 3/4 of my face, my mouth could be seen with dried up blood.

"Haru! You're too injured to fight!"Shinobu rushes over.

"Nonsense. This is the final fight between demons and humans."I brush her concern off.

"Let's do this."

"Be careful of his tentacles at all costs, the main target is to waste time, bug him so he can't leave."I finish briefing them as we spilt to avoid another attack.

'My lungs are burning..'

'Lava breathing,Third Form:Molten Lava Dome."

"Love breathing,Sixth Form;Kitty Paw Love Breeze."

"Water breathing,Sixth Form:Whirlpool."

"Water breathing,Fourth Form:Striking Tide."

"Serpent breathing,Fifth Form:Slithering Serpent."

"Stone breathing,First Form:Serpentinite Bipolar."

"Wind breathing,Second Form:Claw-Purifying Wind."

"Mist breathing,Fifth Form:Sea of Clouds and Haze."

"Sound breathing,Fourth Form:Constant Resounding Slashes."

"Flame breathing,Fourth Form:Blooming Flame Undulation."

.

.

'How long more until sunrise..'

I pant as my vision gets blurred with my own blood. I started to sway, almost passing out due to the number of techniques I am using just to waste time.

'Focus!"I grit as I avoid another slash attack.

"Caw!One hour and 15 minutes more!"

"Almost there! Don't let up!"Sanmei shouts across the battlefield.

His arms suddenly get cuts off, not from us but someone else. I look in the air to see traces of people moving about as they attack.

"Haru!"

"What?.."I turn to find the source of the voice, to be injected by something in my neck.

'What the heck got me?!'

'Sorry, My niece.'

'This voice?..'

The tentacle leaves my neck as Shinobu came over to catch my body in time.

"Haru!!"She tilts my neck to inspect the area.

I groan as I can feel his blood flood my body and senses.

'Follow my orders.'

"Ngh!"I grab my head in pain as his voice fills my mind.

My blood is mixing with his, I just wonder what would happen if two parts of the medicine actually get mixed at last. Muzan had one part of the Blue lily medicine while my mother had the other half. I groan it finishes circulating, I can hear his thoughts flooding in.

'Get out of my head!'

"Ha..I'm fine.."I clutch my head as the pain slowly subsides.

1 hour and 10 more minutes left.

I got up for the final push as everyone got on guard if he were to run away. I tighten my grip on my handle as we face him.

"Haru..Your blade is red.."Muichiro points at my sword.

"What are you talking about...Mine is an amber colou-"I look down to see my blade turning red all of a sudden.

"What is this?.."

'That red blade..It's that man's colour too!' Muzan's thoughts come in when he spotted the red blade.

'Man's colour?'

I look up to see him slightly visually shaking at the sight of my blade.

"Time to test it out I suppose."

I disappear in a flash and reappear behind him to slash his arms. I quickly summersault back to avoid getting slashed.

"He's...not regenerating?!"Kyojuro shouts as Muzan struggles to heal.

"Seems like a red blade slows it down."I quickly catch my breath when I landed.

"How did you do it Haru!"Sanemi yells at me.

"I just...held my handle tightly?.."

They all deadpan at me before focusing back on the battle.

"Clash your swords at each other!"Gyomei charges with his red weapon.

"What the.."I strike Giyuu's sword to see it change colour as Gyomei said it would.

"Holy heck, this is a better way to do it!"The red blades continue to spread among the Hashiras.

"Tch."

In a flash, he sent everyone flying backwards into a building.

"Ugh.. What monstrous strength.."

My internal organs were bleeding a little, I look around to see everyone else in the same state as I.

I look at Muzan to see Kanao, all bloodied on the ground in front of him.

"Kanao-"I reach out to her.

He raises his arm to attack, to be sliced off by a blur. I sigh in relief to see Kanao disappear, taken away by Tanjiro.

'Gosh, What happen to his face though?..'A lump of flesh was now on his face, covering his right eye.

"You look...positively awful...Tanjiro Kamado."

"This way, It's hard to tell...Which one of us is the demon."

'Are you serious Muzan?..'I deadpan at his statement.

"let's finish this...Muzan."