Ch 33:Muichiro

I groan at the harsh sunlight as Tanjiro had gotten me up for the morning, talking about a secret weapon or something.

We walk through the forest aimlessly as Tanjiro stop to look at two figures in the forest.

I yawn, taking a glance at them, Only gasping when I see it was Muichiro talking to a younger kid.

Tanjiro was watching them when Muichiro suddenly raises his hand to hit the shorter male.

He then rushes up to Muichiro, asking what he was doing in a loud manner.

"Your voice is so annoying...Who are you?"He asks in a monotone expression but his irritation was showing.

"Let him go!"He holds one Muichiro's hand to remove, only finding him not even flinching.

"You let go." He emphasises on the 'you' part before hitting Tanjiro's chest with his free arm.

Tanjiro lets go of his hand and fall onto the ground groaning in pain and even throwing up a bit.

"You're really weak. I have no idea how you got into the demon hunters.."

"Now now Muichiro."I smile at him under my mask when I reveal myself from the trees.

"You shouldn't be so harsh on him when you're more experienced."I place a hand on Tanjiro's back.

Muichiro looks at me with a soft look in his eyes before looking at the box that Tanjiro was carrying.

"It feels like there's a demon in there..."He reaches for the box, only to be smacked away by Tanjiro when he stood up.

"Don't touch."His facial expression turned from angry into a worried one when he got the younger male out of Muichiro's hold.

"Are you okay?"

I sigh as I watch the scene unfold as the kid lashes out as he argues about not handing over a key.

"Ohh wait, Is this about that doll?"I pull my hand onto my chin into a thinking motion.

"And so what if it breaks? Just make another?"

"You know, in all this time you been grumbling and mumbling, do you know how many people have died?"

"Muichiro..."My tone had suggested that he shouldn't speak like that.

"A Hashira's time is important. You'd understand if you thought a little. Now, Key."

Tanjiro then slaps Muichiro's hand when he signalled the kid to give him the key.

"Tanjiro!"I pull him back from hitting Muichiro again.

"This is the Mist Hashira you're talking to!"I angrily whisper to him.

"Anyways if you're worried about the doll breaking, I can go over to repair it after Muichiro is done."I turn to the kid after smacking Tanjiro's head as a punishment.

The kid handles the key over after some persuasion from me.

"Tanjiro, do watch how he moves and attack okay?"I drag him over when Muichiro left to find the doll.

"Fine..."He pouts with his arms crossed when we walk in the forest.

We could hear the sound of metal clanking nearby so we quickly rush towards the source, to find Muichiro battling a doll.

Tanjiro's expression changed into a shocked expression but not from the fight, but to the actual person, the doll was.

"Yorichi Zeroshiki.Taken from a person from the Sengoku period."

"S-Sengoku period?!"

I hum in response as I watch Muichiro dodge the attacks from the doll with little to no effort.

Tanjiro watches the fight unfolds when he was done thinking in deep thoughts.

"This person is amazing...He's just as young as I am but he's talented.."

"Well of course! He's a genius! He's completely different from you."A voice from behind speaks to us in a condescending tone.

We turn around to see Muichiro's crow on the ground.

"Well...It was rumoured that Muichiro was a descendent from the original sun breath users.."I think back to the times I hear the older slayers talking about the Mist Hashira when he first came along.

"But he doesn't use the sun breath.."Tanjiro looks at the crow before it lashes out, talking about how it would gouge Tanjiro's eyes out.

I could see the kid from earlier watching the doll fight, curious I went up to him to see what he was doing here.

"Hey, kid-"The sound of metal breaking cuts me off as he turns to run away from the sight of the doll breaking.

"Hey!"I run around the forest to search for him, in the end, Tanjiro found him in a tree crying to himself.

"Come on now..Why are you crying?"I ask in a hushed tone as I sat behind him.

"You're Kotetsu-kun right? I heard from you from the other swordsmiths in the village when I came here before."

"I really am pathetic..Everything is going to end at my generation and it's my fault.."His mask was moved to the side so he could cry, although it still covered his eyes.

"Now now, I don't recall anyone saying you have to repair the doll by yourself right?"I move my hand in a circular motion on his back as I wait for him to calm down.

"So let's work hard together okay?"I pat his back before jumping down.

He gets down from the tree as Muichiro now comes along, holding two swords. One was his own and the other was from the doll's hand.

'Muichiro!"I internally yell as I watch him shove his sword towards Tanjiro, saying to get rid of it as Kotetsu runs towards the doll.

We make our way over to where the doll and Kotetsu were at, to find him staring at the beaten up doll.

'Gosh Muichiro, You didn't have to wreak it so bad..'

He stares at the doll as the rain started to pour down now, soaking us in our clothes.

"Kotetsu-kun lets just make sure.It might still move."Tanjiro walks over as he tries to help him move it upwards.

They got it up into a standing position, just when they thought it wouldn't move, It changed its position into an attacking one.

"Ah good, Looks like we can still-"

I get cut off when he tells the bot to train with Tanjiro.

'Eh?'

"Are you sure? The doll looks like it would break any time now.."I ask as I stare at the open up face.

His neck showed his veins popping out as he agreed to help Tanjiro train.