Ch 39:Ice vs Lava

"It's just you and me now. I suggest you drop the facade."I spoke in a joking manner as I watch his movements.

"Whatever do you mean Haru-chan?"He innocently bats his eyelids at me.

"Mm, I only found out when we battle for the first time. You can't really 'feel' emotions, can you?"I clap my hands together as I comment.

"What a shame, really."

"All this time I have spoken to other girls, this is the first time I talk to such an unkind girl."

"If you didn't know my true nature, do you even have the right to say you raise me for 12 years?"I continue to mock him as he comes undone bit by bit.

"Nevermind that, I am here to finish off what I didn't do from those years ago."I point my blade at him.

"Let's dance."

'Lava breathing,Eighth Form:Lava Trench.'

The wooden flooring below me instantly broke and magma began to rush forward, my blade making its way towards his neck.

"Blood Demon Art, Frozen Cloud."

'His ice really is cold to the touch.'I managed to back off at the last second, backflipping before the ice could touch my body.

"Lava breathing,Ninth Form:Lava Crater."

The ground below his feet began to glow red, appearing as magma now, pulling him in like a quicksand pit, fast and burning off his legs.

"Wha-"

I appear before him in a flash above him, striking downwards to bring a volcano eruption of molten rocks and lava down on his upper body.

His eyes widen at the sight, using his Blood Demon Art once more.

"Blood Demon Art,Rime-Water Lily Bodhisattva."

A massive Bodhisattva statue sprouts out of the ground to tank the attack, leaving me to step back to avoid the statue from hitting me.

The hand comes crashing down onto the wooden flooring, making the water and wood mix as it smashes together.

"Got to kill him now!"I grit my teeth as I prepare for the next attack.

"Lava breathing,Fourth Form:Raging Lava Waves."

"Lava breathing,Fifth Form:Rising Lava Spikes."

Using the waves as a decoy, the real attack was the spikes coming through the lava as Douma staggers back at the 2nd attack, not prepared at the sudden attack.

He steps to the right to meet me in front of him to attack.

"Lava breathing,Seventh Form:Obsidian Flame!"

"Blood Demon Art, Scattered Lotuses!"

'Ugh! If not for my core, his ice would have already frozen me completely!'

I press on with the attack as the flames reach his neck.

"Blood Demon Art, Winter Icicles."

The icicles stab my body, stopping me not reaching him as I crash onto the wood.

'Ugh! My body is bleeding too much..'

"Flame breathing,Eleventh Form:Fire's Domain."

The icicles instantly melt as the fire bursts out to meet with Douma's ice. The fire continues to rages on as if alive, spreading and melting the remaining ice in the room, bringing it back to room temperature as I got up shakily.

"My my Haru-chan~I didn't think you would be so hard to kill~"He covers his face with his fan as he looks at me.

"Haa, I just wonder. When will the poison take effect?"I calm down my breathing.

"Poison?"He tilts his head before his face starts to melt.

'Finally, I had to sneak the poison during that first blow at the start. I wasn't sure when it would take effect too.'

"Let's end this."

"Lava breathing,Third Form:Molten Lava Dome."

"Lava breathing,Sixth Form:Volcanic ash."

"Lava breathing,Ninth Form:Lava Crater."

The surrounding gets blasted to bits by the lava and rocks as it comes crashing down on the dome, smashing it with Douma inside.

The dust begins to clear up, revealing a very slowly regenerating Douma as he struggles to heal.

"Thunder breathing,First Form:Thunderclap and Flash."

His head gets beheaded by me finally, letting him disintegrate into the air.

"Haa...Finally.."

"Hopefully we can meet in another life in better circumstances."I deeply sigh before flopping to the ground to rest.

.

.

"Ha..ru!"

"Haru!"

"Wake up!"A force smacks my head, causing me to jolt up.

"Finally you're awake!"I shake my head a few times before looking at who woke up.

"Shinobu?"

"The one and only you dumbass. What were you thinking?! Fighting a Uppermoon all by yourself!"

She finishes bandaging my wounds, causing me to wince when she tightens them suddenly.

"Ow ow ow! Sorry!"

"I just...don't want to lose anyone anymore."She stares at the floor when she was done.

"And you won't, but now we have to finish this."I got up before wincing at a pain near my stomach.

I clutch the wound before falling again due to the pain.

"Ugh his stupid ice."

His ice was making my healing go slower, causing me to lose blood as it struggles to close up.

"Shinobu just go and help the others, I will stay behind a bit."

"And risk you charging into another battle? I don't think so."

"This is the final fight, Muzan is here for the kill. Please go and help."I grip her haori as she tries to force me to stay.

She stares at me before sighing in defeat, telling me to better not move and leaving me to join the others.

"Gosh, Let's just hope I don't die of blood lost."I got up shakily, holding my wound in place.

"And..My vision is all wobbly."I stab my blade into the ground to stabilise myself in place.

"Got to move.."

'How are the others doing I wonder?..'