Chapter 4 • we meet again•

Marius

*********
Grab your clothes and get gone

You better hurry up,

before the sprinklers come on

Talking bout, "Girl, I love you,

you're the one"

This just looks like a re-run

Please! What else is on?

Take a bow Was playing while I re shocked the shelves of guitar picks. walking over to the cd cases I dusted them.

"And don't tell me you're sorry
Cause you're not

Baby, when I know you're only sorry

You got caught

But you put on quite a show"

I walked over to this girl I heard singing..

I taped her shoulder..." Melanie" I said shocked and happy at the same time. "Marcus.. hi" she pulled me into a hug. "nice to see you here" she said added a cd to her basket. "yea every nice" I said eyeing her. She had on a white dress that had a low v cut in the back, white cross Sandals and I flower crown.

She notice what I was doing and smiled. "Soo" she said moving to the next rack. I mentally slapped myself, "ah.. I see you like Aaliyah" I said looking in her basket

"Yea.. she's my idol" she said getting really happy and big eyed. "Idol hmm..how many albums she had" I said leaning on a rack "3.. One in a million , Aaliyah and I care 4 you..I know everything bout her" she added

"okay okay.... whats her most viewed song on YouTube today" she though about it then snapped her fingers

" I don't know about youtube.. but her number one selling and most played song was Try again, it was her first single to be at number 1 on the Billbroad Hot 100" she leaned on a rack opposite of me. " well done young child.. well done" I really didn't know if she was right or wrong.

"Well what are you here to get" I look at her funny. "Cd's...music sheets... you know your in a music store" she laughed going to the next rack. "So how everything, have any other strange girls or guys picked you up lately" she said being funny.

"You got jokes" I said walking with her. " No,but really are you good,have you talked to Taytay" she said look at a Meek Mills dish...

"No.. and what you know about Meek Mills, put that cd down women" she pulled me a little, I barely move..

"Meek is the best right now... besides Drake of course,did you here him and nicki's new song..fire" she said tuning into this little room full of music note paper and other stuff

"you a little thug, lay out something for me"

She stop and faced me putting down her basket...

"It didn't work,
got shot down
But I can tell by the bag,
by the wrist and the ring on that
Somebody had it on lockdown
The moral of the story not to speak on that
She on the team, shorty mine now
And we don't ever ever ever make love
And we don't ever ever ever say love
Unless I'm all up in it, she tellin' me she love that D on that, I don't ever say uh
Bad bitch, ain't nothin' made up
Anybody, anybody, anybody wanna buy
The heart from a real one from Philly reppin' that north side"

She finished, bowed and picked up her basket. "Close your mouth, files might get in" I had to rethink and my whole life. did she just...

"Well" she pick up pink music sheets and added it. " Okay I see you Miss thug life" she laughed

"I'm far from a thug, gangsta,maybe a little"

we walk back to the main part of the store and over to the counter. "So what you doing here" she asked again.... I walked behind the counter. "I work here"

She handed me all her stuff

" You most be new here because I never seen you" I added everything up,.. " here you go" I hand her the bag.

"Wait the money how much" she was looking at me with the money in her hand. "I got you... it's the lest I can do" she shaked her head... "Marius here take it" she shoved the money in my hand.

"I don't want your money Melanie" I went to give her the money but stop.." I don't want your money.. But I would like to have your number"

she look at me then got a note pad and rip a piece of paper. "here"

she hand it to me. "here" I lightly pulled her bag off her shoulder and place the money in there. "See you around Marius" she waved and walked out the store.

"Sooo who's the girl" Sara said sitting on the counter. " I don't know.. I met her in my house".. Sara look confused "long story drunk story" She made the gotcha face. " Two chicks numbers in two days... Shiittt you on a roll" I pop my coller. "you know how I do" we both laughed. "well I'm going to lunch...try not to take all the pretty ones" Sara said walking of.

************

~Anna