◣2◢

(Y/n) had arrived late home, Giichi and Kei were having a late night snack while they binge watched a movie.

"Sorry for arriving late, got caught up with some people" He had apologized, quickly reassured by Giichi since he had told them that he'd be home later.

Entering his room, a smile was glued to his face, the fact that he made friends today was still freshly stamped. Holy shit, how did he do that?

Dropping his bag by the side, hands shaking a little as one ran up to his mouth to cover the stuck smile, worry seeping in now, what if they got dragged into his death? Fuck-

(Y/n) leaned his back against his bedroom door, falling to the ground and slumped forward, oh god, what did he just do?

The evolving pain in his side made him flinch, eyes snapping to look down just to find no knife enlodge.

Hissing a bit in pain as he curled up, the hand at his mouth dropped and cupped his side tightly, pushing down to try and ease the pain while he took in deep breaths.

He was fine, he was fine, there was no knife, he was alright, he wasn't being hunted down, there was no knife stabbed into his side.

(Y/n) reasoned, attempting to calm himself down from his pain.

The memory of getting stabbed played, he remembers it vividly like all his other deaths, how he clawed at the alleyway floor to try and get up and run or call an ambulance but the bleeding was deep and he could feel the knife itself dig into his muscle each time he moved.

Grinding his teeth together to stop himself from yelling and worrying Giichi and Kei, his free hand over his mouth as (Y/n) took in shakier breaths.

He couldn't do anything about the pains, they were sudden and there was no medication he could use to numb the pain.

Sadly, (Y/n) couldn't go drinking medications all the time just in case, the pain from each death was memorized and recreated with ease by his head. Was he traumatized by his deaths and the pain? he wasn't sure but it sounded very likely.

Damn it, for how long did it take for him to die to that knife again?!

The pain slowly but surely faded, allowing him a proper breath as (Y/n) uncurled.

". . . I better die to a heart attack in this life" He swore, that sounded far better than another stabbing. Laughing slightly in irony, he was really thinking about his death even if he promised himself to push on.

8 years, 8 years without a single undefinable action that could lead to his death. 8 years with theese strong pains.

God, he wonders if going through thoose deaths without remembering the pain was better than being stuck with it and alive.

(Y/n) pulled his hand up and ran it over his face, still a bit dizzy by the lingering pain as if his side would be sore if he moved too much. It would pass in a few minutes, it always passed.

🏮

Attending school in the morning felt a bit surreal after his episode last night, his side felt better but the fear lingered that another sharp stab to his side might happen. His mind was still wondering a bit, Giichi wasn't up early like usually to ground him that he'd be alright with his little greetings "Morning Kid, make sure to grab an apple from outside on your way out, they should be ripe now" was what he would've said today since he's been talking about how the season for their apple tree would be coming soon. It helped remind (Y/n) that he didn't live alone, he had foster parents who were there for him, that he had something to lose and he wouldn't allow it.